Powered by Outside

Racing D/H on a Hardtail!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Racing D/H on a Hardtail!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
Hi guys,

Just seeing how many of you race D/H on a hardtail and if you could give me any tips.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
i raced moelfre on a hardtail, just absolutely go for it, as if you were on a susser, i wa borrowing a matees orange hardtail, and it hurt, but its satisfying catching people on their DH bikes.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
Dont they have special HT catagories? i thought they did

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
Yeah they do, but they didnt at moelfre, and in practice its all mixed anyway, i Masherd myself up on my first run and didnt even make it to my second darnit.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:46 Quote
from my knowledge of racing xc (hardtail) and doing a bit of downhill i would reccomend you run clips because you can hit things mega quicker than with flats and you feet just dont move. plus with clips you can cheat a bit when you get into tricky situations you can just lift your bike because you dont have the travel of a dh bike to get you out of it. Just hang on tight and go for it

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
nah mate run flats, hang off the back, and hope for the best.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
fair enough, i was just guessing so probably should have kept my xc mouth shut haha

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
nah yours was the intelligent, good advice, mine was the advice that led to me not being able to ride for 2 weeks haha

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
haha, i see where you're coming from though

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
Hardtails help you sharpen your skills like picking lines and stuff. Nothing better than a bit of practice on a hardtail or if you really hate you knees maybe a rigid which is what i do about once every two months or so.

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 7:31 Quote
im started racing Hard tail and i got sponsord for doing so since they havent seen a faster rider on a hardtail. and im still racing hard tail. it hurts more but way more effiencent. hope u race HT to show the guys witht he fullys that u can beat em, cause thats what ive done

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 7:43 Quote
hey i dont wanna hijack any ones thread here.
i have my big foot set up with downhill forks and shit. i dont wanna race but i just wanna go to blue mountain and have fun riding... will i get down the hill on that kinda set up?

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 8:00 Quote
it will get down it just hurts like f*ck racing going down

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 8:10 Quote
Jamie24siemon wrote:
im started racing Hard tail and i got sponsord for doing so since they havent seen a faster rider on a hardtail. and im still racing hard tail. it hurts more but way more effiencent. hope u race HT to show the guys witht he fullys that u can beat em, cause thats what ive done

Yes i have to say that up at my nearest dh races the hardtail guys are pinning and having alot of the fullsussers, especialy on the top section where youve gotta pedal!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009140
Mobile Version of Website