Powered by Outside

The Photography/ Videography Quick Question / General Discussion Thread

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
The Photography/ Videography Quick Question / General Discussion Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
alright, here is a thread similar to the BMX Quick question thread, but for photography and videography discussion!

keep it within the pinkbike rules and its all good!

first off, opinions about buying a nikon d60 with an 18-105mm VR ED Lens? $789 CAD

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
A better deal Big Grin http://www.thecamerastore.com/products/cameras/digital-cameras/digital-slr-cameras/catalog/digital-slr-cameras/nikon-d60-18-55-mm-

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
youre my hero!
i should get props for the idea of this thread

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 18:27 Quote
it may be cheaper, but its NOT a better deal. the lens is worse.

edit: didn't see it came with 2, i looked at that package but i don't need 200mm of zoom lol, the 18-105 will do just fine and the 18-55 that the one you showed me comes with is garbage

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
oh k. lol don't know much about photography . I was just looking at camereas and saw it :p

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
bmxzach wrote:

edit: didn't see it came with 2, i looked at that package but i don't need 200mm of zoom lol, the 18-105 will do just fine and the 18-55 that the one you showed me comes with is garbage

18-55mm lens is perfectly fine. I use it, actually all my photos I shoot are with it. It does it's job. Examples taken with the 18-55mm lens.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
dotca wrote:
bmxzach wrote:

18-55mm lens is perfectly fine. I use it, actually all my photos I shoot are with it. It does it's job. Examples taken with the 18-55mm lens.
oh the lens quality is good, i would just like a wider range of zoom

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 21:05 Quote
Lol just get closer Zach. That's what I do (Except for when I went to Niagara. I wasn't allowed to there). You can't expect to sit at the top of the roll in and shoot all the way to the bowl lol.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
hung-l wrote:
Lol just get closer Zach. That's what I do (Except for when I went to Niagara. I wasn't allowed to there). You can't expect to sit at the top of the roll in and shoot all the way to the bowl lol.

Yeah, what this guy said. You need to move around when you shoot. Especially with the shorter length lenses, you challenge yourself. Example with the 50mm prime. You have to move to get your shot, no going in and out of the range of the lens as there is only 1.

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
yeah if i sell my camera i'm probably going to just get the 15-55 VR ED, it comes with a telephoto adapter and a wide angle adapter, along with flash and tripod. im stoked to hell

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
Once i get the money. this is my new setup.
Canon HV30
Opteka "Baby Death" Ultra Fisheye Lens
Rode Video Mic (use some sort of adapter so it doesnt appear when using the fisheye)
and a homemade handle made out of copper tubing Smile
This things gonna be dope!
any suggestions? my main concern is the mic. anybody have suggestions for good, cheap (around $100 CAD) microphones?

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
mmdgirard wrote:
Canon HV30
Rode Video Mic (use some sort of adapter so it doesnt appear when using the fisheye)
any suggestions? my main concern is the mic. anybody have suggestions for good, cheap (around $100 CAD) microphones?
that ones sick if its the one i'm thinking about, theres one thats around 200 but its directional so it blocks out everything its not pointing at. buy my setup Smile $700 and all you need is a mic. comes with .45 wideangle lens

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
mmdgirard wrote:
Canon HV30
that ones sick if its the one i'm thinking about, theres one thats around 200 but its directional so it blocks out everything its not pointing at. buy my setup Smile $700 and all you need is a mic. comes with .45 wideangle lens
messaged you back. but sorry HDV is where its at! this is like my dream setup too Smile well... dream affordable setup

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 23:53 Quote
how do you take a non blured photo?

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 23:56 Quote
georgegrove wrote:
how do you take a non blured photo?
normally the flash helps it not be blurry on a lower end camera, on a higher end camera increase the shutter speed.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012255
Mobile Version of Website