Good way to build up my downhill skills

PB Forum :: Downhill
Good way to build up my downhill skills
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
Hey I am just getting into Donwhill Riding and I want to know what I can do to improve my riding skills. Anything would be great. Thanks!!

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
ride all the time and try to ride with people better than you to push you more.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
Will try to do that more often

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
I would always follow people and take the same lines as them. before you know it you will see the same ones if not better. Also for freeriding I would always ride the white lines on the street to practice my balance. When going over jumps try to scrub them don't pop.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
kona-guy wrote:
I would always follow people and take the same lines as them. before you know it you will see the same ones if not better. Also for freeriding I would always ride the white lines on the street to practice my balance. When going over jumps try to scrub them don't pop.

scrub?

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
Will have to try that next time I ride . Thanks

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:30 Quote
scrubbing is basically now popping off the lip. so you try to absorb the force with your limbs and your bike so that you reduce your time in the air

FL
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
Im not an expert but I would say its really important to look ahead even if your brain is telling you to look down and also just stay loose and relaxed so you can ride the bumps.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
westislandbiker wrote:
scrubbing is basically now popping off the lip. so you try to absorb the force with your limbs and your bike so that you reduce your time in the air

oh so kinda like dropping the jump? if you get that i mean? so no lifting etc just rolling over?

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:34 Quote
scrub?[/Quote]

Pull your bike in close to you, just so your clearing the table or gap. Don't pop up trying to get a whole whack of air.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:36 Quote
ok so just absorbing it and not pulling on your bars

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:37 Quote
murdoc wrote:
westislandbiker wrote:

oh so kinda like dropping the jump? if you get that i mean? so no lifting etc just rolling over?

Thats definently a good thing to learn how to do. Its saved me a couple times when getting airborne would have meant crashing.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
kona-guy wrote:
scrub?

Pull your bike in close to you, just so your clearing the table or gap. Don't pop up trying to get a whole whack of air.[/Quote]

ahhh makes sense, i always pop Razz and i hate when you land badly :'( i think im trying to get too much air, ill try and stop popping Razz

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008549
Mobile Version of Website