Powered by Outside

Do you really need shin pads or just knee pads?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Do you really need shin pads or just knee pads?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
i hate shin pads. they slide around and i the only reason i can think of needing them is pedal slips. i havent slipped in 2 years and i was wondering if i really need them.

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
trust me u need shin pads look
photo

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
funzo wrote:
trust me u need shin pads look
photo

is that from a pedal slip???? Eek

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
lol no its from not wearin shin pads n bailin fast GET SHIN PADS

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
bikeobsessed wrote:
i hate shin pads. they slide around and i the only reason i can think of needing them is pedal slips. i havent slipped in 2 years and i was wondering if i really need them.
nope then... i only use then when dirt jumping cuz sometimes when you miss your pedals.. well, but for DH i only use knee pads... so, i only feel like needing them for DJ (doing no footers and tricks that require taking the feet of the pedals)

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
i wear jeans when i dj, because im not really hardcore, but i ride dh trails and thats what i want knee pads for.

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
who cares about pedals in shin really doesnt hurt that bad shin pads are to protect u from the ground ripping your skin like my pic

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
i ripped my leg open rippin dh at local mt

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
if anyone else can contradict knee pads, il go shin, but otherwise im going with knee

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
I ride with 661 Evo knee pads and Nuke Proof shin pads. They have almost no sliding but do get a bit hot on longer rides. I would suggest shin pads because a simple pedal slip could make your shin ending up like the picture above. If you do want a knee/shin combo, I would for sure look into seperate knee/shin pads.

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
i think the other way.... its better to find a comfy pair of knee/shin pads that wont move or slide around... i've heard TLD are quite comfortable, 661 are famous too...

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
I use shin pads for everything! For dirt and downhilling, because it cost so much pain as you get your padals against your shins. And I don't have much problems that mu shhin pads are slipping of, I use quarts with 4 bands and that work!
There is difference in the pedals you use. I use padals with much and high pins, that's why I always use my shin pads! Much BMXers use plastic pedals, because that cost less pain when you get your padals against your shins.

But my advice: Use always knee+shin pads!

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
sie7e wrote:
i think the other way.... its better to find a comfy pair of knee/shin pads that wont move or slide around... i've heard TLD are quite comfortable, 661 are famous too...
I found that every one piece knee/shin pad I have ever tried on slips around a lot and is uncomfortable.

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
of course you need shin pads. Do you care about what other people think about you wearing them? f*ck them, i perfer to look like a twat wearing them than having my shin bleeding from my pedals bashing against them.
Always remenber:
Saftey comes firstSalute .

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
If you have FiveTens, you will never slip a pedal. I love my FiveTens...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010981
Mobile Version of Website