P.2 Cr-Mo... What do you think?

PB Forum :: Specialized
P.2 Cr-Mo... What do you think?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 15:53 Quote
I'm seriously considering buytin a P.2 Cr-Mo. I've heard that the steel frames ride better, but I don't have any personal experience with hardtails. What does everybody think?

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 19:06 Quote
Yeah, im actually thinking of getting one too, but don't have any experience, but i'm pretty sure steel would be the way to go, but heavier then an aluminum. If you want it to be lighter, you should get a P2, but its also like 400$ more, and I am not a big fan of the seatpost dip thingy. In my opinion, go with the P2 Cro-mo. My friend has last years P1, and its pretty dominant, and their pretty much the exact same.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 19:08 Quote
You know, I've ridden a lot of aluminum and a few Cro-mos back in the day, and right now I have a little DMR cro-mo. I know for one that it is super strong and it supposed to feel better, i think, but I haven't been able to tell. The price is right though. Stronger bike, cheaper, maybe a heavier? Just get stronger...

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 19:11 Quote
I own an '06. I love it. Seriously, they're worth it.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 20:06 Quote
Thanks for the input. I like the general consensus, cheaper and stronger. I also know that the stronger material makes for thinner tubing, so I don't think weight is too much of an issue.

Rudyrider

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 12:49 Quote
what year are you planning on getting an 08 or an 07 i own the 07 and it rides amazing and smooth just make sure you get rid of the rims i demolished mine 1st season ive had it(this year)

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 14:10 Quote
im getting a cr mo..... the 2008 one is so crazy the color scheme is orange and white its amazing

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 12:21 Quote
if you wanna buy my 06 its going cheap and it is pimped

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 15:19 Quote
No thanks, i'm gettin the new 08'

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 13:17 Quote
i have the (07) and it is amazing its strong and it rides so smooth get one Attention

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 15:03 Quote
the only problem i have with specialized's p2 cromos are that they're incredibly beefy compared to other cromo frames out there of the same class - like dmr trannies, 243s, doberman pinschers and the like.

as a result, the p2 cromo would be heavy as a boat anchor. that's why i'm getting an aluminum instead - weight (i'm going to be doing a little trials with it) and the fact that i don't have to even think about rusting (cept the cromo cranks they're putting on the p2s next year).

if you're not at all concerned about weight (at most, a pound of difference between the two) and you think you would break an aluminum frame, then by all means go for the p2 cromo. it looks amazing and is stronger, to boot. i saw a real-life picture of it and it came with white cable housing - an unexpected bonus, as the pics on the website and the one from NSMB (the one in front of the pool) don't have white cable housing.

and yes, steel frames are flexier than stiff aluminum frames - vibrations and shocks are muted better on steel - so you would feel more comfortable longer.

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 11:35 Quote
seriousily i find that the 08's geo look's horrible, also i love my 07 p.2 cro mo i can through almost anything at it, dj's street minor fr ns

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 17:59 Quote
apple-tree wrote:
seriousily i find that the 08's geo looks horrible, also i love my 07 p.2 cro mo i can through almost anything at it, dj's street minor fr ns

i don't think they changed the frame geometry at all... even if they tweaked it it wouldn't be noticeable in pictures - only when you rode it for yourself...

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 11:08 Quote
hey i had a 07 p2 cromo really good bike but it got stolen so am now getin a 08 p2 alum Pimp Pimp Pimp Pimp Pimp Pimp Pimp Pimp Pimp Pimp

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 10:44 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
apple-tree wrote:
seriousily i find that the 08's geo looks horrible, also i love my 07 p.2 cro mo i can through almost anything at it, dj's street minor fr ns

i don't think they changed the frame geometry at all... even if they tweaked it it wouldn't be noticeable in pictures - only when you rode it for yourself...

the little bend in the lower tubing befor it hooks up is diferent!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012043
Mobile Version of Website