Powered by Outside

Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker

PB Forum :: Downhill
Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
ok guys trying to decide which bike to get for whistler this summer and for the next two years prob. both bikes are gonna cost me about 4500$. I weigh 198lb and I'm 6'2 and still 18(two more years to grow). I never pedal uphill and I want to go really fast down some harsh stuff and lokking for the best choice for that. given that I'll prob buy a large frame and the geo changes with that in both bikes (specially on the cove. let me know what you think. and please don't base your opinion on names or where they are made but in perfoemance. Thanks guys!!Big Grin

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
im 16 and the same height and about the same weight as you, give or take, and i have a large 09 glory and couldnt be happier, suspension came the perfect weight, and the large is perfect for reach and racing dh, my vote would definitly go towards the glory, maestro pedals like a dream and its just the perfect stock bike for what you pay for

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 3:02 Quote
just go straight for the cove glorys are great but a shocker would be just perfect very nice bikes

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 4:13 Quote
glory is the way to go

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 5:08 Quote
I have two mates who ride, one has a Glory the other has a shocker. The shockers are very long, but tough bikes, the Glory is shorter but personally I think the glory looks nicer and is the smoother bike to ride. The glory smoother but the shocker can probably handle the bigger stuff better.

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 5:56 Quote
stryke wrote:
glory is the way to go
+100000Big Grin Drool

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 6:36 Quote
The Glory is more bang for the buck.

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
the glory is a really good bike but the shocker is the way to go its a sweet ride

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
ok so here are the buils and price

Cove Shocker: $5775 CD
the build kit has 2010 boxxer team, x9 shifter and der, juicy 7 brks, mavic 721 rims with ringle rear hub, hulzfeller oct cranks with e-thirteen lg1 guide, holzfeller bar and stem, and fox dhx5 coil rear shock.

Giant Glory: 5500$ CD
FORK Fox 40RC2 w/ Ti Spring, 203mm travel, 20mm thru-axle
SHOCK Fox DHX 5.0, coil
HANDLEBAR Race Face Diabolus, low rise, 31.8mm
STEM Race Face Diabolus D2 DH, 31.8mm, 0 deg
SHIFTERS Shimano Saint, Rapidfire, rear only
FRONT DERAILLEUR MRP G2 Chainguide (custom for Giant)
REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Saint, top normal, short cage
BRAKES Shimano Saint, 203F / 180R, Center Lock disc
CRANKSET Shimano Saint, 38T single
BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano Saint, external
RIMS Mavic EX 729 Disc, custom, 32H
HUBS Shimano Saint, Center Lock disc

on a separate note a think the 2009 giant glory paintjob in kikass but I prefer performance

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 18:43 Quote
go foe glory, i guarantee it 1000% you will not be dissapointed.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
hmmmm I don't know they both seem such good bikes, although the Glory seems to be stiffer because the linkages are shorter and better supported

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
RZ-Jacks wrote:
ok so here are the buils and price

Cove Shocker: $5775 CD
the build kit has 2010 boxxer team, x9 shifter and der, juicy 7 brks, mavic 721 rims with ringle rear hub, hulzfeller oct cranks with e-thirteen lg1 guide, holzfeller bar and stem, and fox dhx5 coil rear shock.

Giant Glory: 5500$ CD
FORK Fox 40RC2 w/ Ti Spring, 203mm travel, 20mm thru-axle
SHOCK Fox DHX 5.0, coil
HANDLEBAR Race Face Diabolus, low rise, 31.8mm
STEM Race Face Diabolus D2 DH, 31.8mm, 0 deg
SHIFTERS Shimano Saint, Rapidfire, rear only
FRONT DERAILLEUR MRP G2 Chainguide (custom for Giant)
REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Saint, top normal, short cage
BRAKES Shimano Saint, 203F / 180R, Center Lock disc
CRANKSET Shimano Saint, 38T single
BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano Saint, external
RIMS Mavic EX 729 Disc, custom, 32H
HUBS Shimano Saint, Center Lock disc

on a separate note a think the 2009 giant glory paintjob in kikass but I prefer performance
glory.

Boldness represents better things.
in my eyes the glory is better specd for the job yet cheaper.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 10:28 Quote
I'm starting to think Shockers are overratedFacepalm

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
The GLory is the best bang for your buck. Full saint Groupo. Ride Both, Check out the prices and go with the decision that you are confident in. Cove makes a nice bike, But living in the real world i have to make my dollar go as far as i can. If i bought a Cove i would be paying a large portion of my money for the fact that my bike comes with a Cove sticker on the side of the down tube.....i'd rather pay for my cranks, shifters, derailers, brakes to say Saint down the side. But that's just me.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
RZ-Jacks wrote:
I'm starting to think Shockers are overratedFacepalm

theyre not overrated but massively overpriced

glory dh is the best bang for buck downhill bike/frame on the market right now

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010845
Mobile Version of Website