Race Face Diabolous Crankset has anyone ever broken one?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Race Face Diabolous Crankset has anyone ever broken one?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 17:03 Quote
i was thinking i have never heard of anyone ever breaking one so i decided to ask the largest bike community in the world

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 17:03 Quote
no one has ever bent an arm but the spider break pretty often. The biggest problem is the spline interface SUCKS.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 17:10 Quote
I actually have a diabolous crank and I love it. It's super stiff and looks awesome, the cranks themselves are the best but the but the bb cups always need replacing.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 20:20 Quote
i dunno man so far i havent had problems with mine they are amazin and i got them for $200 bucks what a deal man

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 22:35 Quote
dr-phil wrote:
I actually have a diabolous crank and I love it. It's super stiff and looks awesome, the cranks themselves are the best but the but the bb cups always need replacing.

true

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:28 Quote
my diablous are amazing i only know if people like busting the evolves and the other am and xc race face cranks.... never diablous lol cause dh and dh components are the way to go!

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:31 Quote
ive always liked diabolus cranks even though ive never rode one. I feel a good comparison is the saint to the diabolus. both good cranks

i run saint on my street ht

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:32 Quote
here the problem you get teh force of you pedaling and the force of the cranks being instatalled on teh bb which makes it were faster then an isis which is whhy you buy howitzers

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:48 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
here the problem you get teh force of you pedaling and the force of the cranks being instatalled on teh bb which makes it were faster then an isis which is whhy you buy howitzers

Jibba Jabba Jibb Jibb Jabba Jab

Has nothing to do with combined forces or whatever you're spewing. The problem is that it's a press-fit setup. So is the Howitzer.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:50 Quote
First of all, learn how to spell and type.

As far as strength goes, you cannot beat the Diablous Crankset. That being said, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is indestructible. I recently snapped two of my spiders (probably the weakest part of ANY crank) in an unfortunate crank case on a rock after the lip to a rather large drop gave out. However, since Race Face stands behind their product it looks like it will be warrantied, talk about customer service. Keep in mind that these circumstances are far from normal. My truvativ cranks that came with the bike a substantial bend in them after being subjected to far less stress than the Race Face cranks.

Just my 2 cents

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:50 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

Has nothing to do with combined forces or whatever you're spewing. The problem is that it's a press-fit setup. So is the Howitzer.
ok with x-type you get the force of the cranks pushing on the bb inwars which weres the bb one way and whn you pedal the force is puching down this realy screw with you bb (the in ward and downward force at the same time.) whith howitzer you dont get the inward force.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:51 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

Has nothing to do with combined forces or whatever you're spewing. The problem is

that it's a press-fit setup. So is the Howitzer.

100 % true

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 19:13 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

ok with x-type you get the force of the cranks pushing on the bb inwars which weres the bb one way and whn you pedal the force is puching down this realy screw with you bb (the in ward and downward force at the same time.) whith howitzer you dont get the inward force.

Hate to break it to you but that made even less sense.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 19:21 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Hate to break it to you but that made even less sense.
ok because the axel goes through the bb it appliing inward pressure against it which cuases wear that shoulnt happen to a bb and when you peddal down ward force is applied when combined angular force is created which will mak ethe braing life span cery shore. with hotizer because the inward pressure insent apllied to get a longer lasting bearing now f*ck you you dumb shit i dont care if i get suspended for this but learn some f*cking physics before you f*cking critsize people you c*nt.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 19:23 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

This really doesn't make sense, both designs use the same type of outboard bearing with an axle riding on them. The only difference is the Diablous axle is one piece attached to the cranks and the Truvativ axle is built into the bottom bracket. Both are going to be subjected to the same force.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011334
Mobile Version of Website