Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Full Suspension or Hardtail? Which Bike Should I Get?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Full Suspension or Hardtail? Which Bike Should I Get?
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:38 Quote
I want to buy a bike that i can dirt jump race, race 4x, dual slalom, and ride trails on.
I am debating between a full suspension 4x/DJ bike or a light 4x/DJ hardtail.
Right now the only bike that i have is a giant glory and i can ride uphill on it but it would be more fun on a lower travel bike so i would like a bike that would be good for smooth trail riding but also be fun to dirt jump on, goof around on, and race 4x/ds on. Hardtail or Full suspension? I am looking at buying a Kona Cowan DS or a Santa Cruz Jackal 2009 or a commencal absolut 4x. I only need a frame because i have all of the components. Please suggest reasonably priced bikes that would be good for everything i suggested and the pros and cons of hardtail vrs full suspension.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:43 Quote
I think you should go with a low travel fully like 4". I don't know the pros and cons but by the stuff you listed you wanted to do seems to aim for a low travel fully

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
get the hardtail... cause you want something to mess around on and plus the less maintence the better and besides you already have a full suspension... why buy another one, i had the same delima you did, i have a dh bike and was also contemplating betweenn a full suspension dj/4x'er and a hard tail. i went with the hardtail and im glad i did

FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:56 Quote
what reasonbly priced hardtail or full suspension would you suggest?

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
glory8freerider wrote:
I want to buy a bike that i can dirt jump race, race 4x, dual slalom, and ride trails on.
I am debating between a full suspension 4x/DJ bike or a light 4x/DJ hardtail.
Right now the only bike that i have is a giant glory and i cant ride uphill on it so i would like a bike that would be good for trail riding but also be fun to dirt jump on, goof around on, and race 4x/ds on. Hardtail or Full suspension? I am looking at buying a Kona Cowan or a Santa Cruz Jack 2009 or a commencal absolut 4x. I only need a frame because i have all of the components. Please suggest reasonably priced bikes that would be good for everything i suggested and the pros and cons of hardtail vrs full suspension.
dude get a transition double, its a short travel dually its really versatile.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
Too add on to mine. Short travel fully with Lockout.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
konarider567 wrote:
coilair

are you serious? race 4x on that? no.

like the guy up there, a transition double would be sick or a norco 4xxxx

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
konarider567 wrote:
u could do it

but why not get a bike thats meant fo it.....

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
go for a transition double. possibly the sickest softy in the world.

FL
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
konarider567 wrote:
coilair
i have a dh bike im looking for a dj/4x/trail bike

FL
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 16:21 Quote
you can buy nicer bikes that are the same price or cheaper than the double like the commencal meta 4x

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.586748
Mobile Version of Website