Argyle 409 problem

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Argyle 409 problem
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
the Argyle 409's on my brand new Norco 250 have a slight problem.
starting 2 days ago, when i was riding down the street, my forks were totally compressed, but i wasnt compressing them. i pulled them back out and it was fine for a bit. this only happens sometimes, and not very often but it still worries me. i brought my bike to my LBS and told them about it and they said they're gonna call Norco and see if they can send some new parts or a new fork. is this a serious problem? or should i just ignore it and keep riding?

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
hondarider241 wrote:
the Argyle 409's on my brand new Norco 250 have a slight problem.
starting 2 days ago, when i was riding down the street, my forks were totally compressed, but i wasnt compressing them. i pulled them back out and it was fine for a bit. this only happens sometimes, and not very often but it still worries me. i brought my bike to my LBS and told them about it and they said they're gonna call Norco and see if they can send some new parts or a new fork. is this a serious problem? or should i just ignore it and keep riding?
don't ride it, sounds like you have something broken , like an air piston or something. Where did you buy it?

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
it came on my bike.
from Olympic Source for sports in Morden.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
What PSI are you using?

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 16:18 Quote
dont ride it, better safe then sorry! like, if its doin what i think it is then you could get it locked in the wrong time and end up dead

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
im running it at 170
a little higher than it suggests for my weight but i like it stiff.
and yeah i know, but it rarely ever happens...oh well, ill get my LBS to look at it

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 16:51 Quote
yeah, or maybe look online for this problem, or any sudgestions.
also if you know how to take apart your fork do that.
hondarider241 wrote:
im running it at 170
a little higher than it suggests for my weight but i like it stiff.
and yeah i know, but it rarely ever happens...oh well, ill get my LBS to look at it

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 9:18 Quote
i got my bike back and it doesnt seem to be doing it anymore....im gonna adjust my floodgate, cuz thats something i havent touched yet. im thinking my settings were just off.

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 10:00 Quote
hondarider241 wrote:
i got my bike back and it doesnt seem to be doing it anymore....im gonna adjust my floodgate, cuz thats something i havent touched yet. im thinking my settings were just off.
I run my flood gate almost closed, works good for me. I leave the compression open when just riding from point A to point B but when I get where I am going I lock it out and rely on the flood gate to open up and eat up my mistakes

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
I have mine set at...

80mm travel.
Max psi.
Almost closed flood gate.
Wide open compression and rebound.

It's really good for all around stuff. I like to ride a lot of single track mixed in with big hit stuff and it takes everything without bottoming and staying plush the whole time!

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:36 Quote
right now i have mine running at 170psi, full compression when riding at the park, and 1.5 turns for floodgate. ill be testing out the settings today as i just found out how to change the floodgate:P

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I have mine set at...

80mm travel.
Max psi.
Almost closed flood gate.
Wide open compression and rebound.

It's really good for all around stuff. I like to ride a lot of single track mixed in with big hit stuff and it takes everything without bottoming and staying plush the whole time!

The flood gate doesn't do anything unless the compression adjustment is used. Flood gate is a blow by for the compression.

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
I know, I have it setup like that so when I do use the compression it actually does something.

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I know, I have it setup like that so when I do use the compression it actually does something.
Ok just a lot of people think that its an asjustment on its own and indipendent of everything else

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011694
Mobile Version of Website