Powered by Outside

Taking My Bike to The bus.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Taking My Bike to The bus.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
Alright, so tommorow i have a drive to the skate park but i dont have a drive back.

I was planning on busing with all my skater freinds but while they can just grab there boards and take them on i have a bike to deal with, i found this link for the buses: http://www.octranspo.com/mapscheds/Rack&Roll/Rack&Roll.htm

My Sister told me if they dont have a rack i can take it on the bus, but this quote scared me.

-OC Transpo personnel may refuse access to cyclists due to unsafe conditions. OC Transpo is not responsible for damages incurred or caused by or to bicycles, or for lost or stolen bicycles.

If they dont let me on, im stranded downtown with nothing, if my bike gets damaged im screwed, any help?

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
Catch a train? Or cycle home?

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
9 times out of 10 you cant take it on
end of lol

although you can take it on the train with no hassle
or i can

just pedal ive pedaled over 2 hours to places with my friends, but that was my choice

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
hoernig wrote:

haha no real train in ottawa, cant take the train. cycle home id have to commute on a bmx for 26.4 km.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:
hoernig wrote:

haha no real train in ottawa, cant take the train. cycle home id have to commute on a bmx for 26.4 km.
Ahh, yeah around here your not allowed to take bikes onto the bus, so I always go on the train and put it in the wheelchair bit!
And yeah 26km is a wee bit far :S

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
hoernig wrote:
Atlas77 wrote:
hoernig wrote:

Ahh, yeah around here your not allowed to take bikes onto the bus, so I always go on the train and put it in the wheelchair bit!

yeah, its far. hopefully they'll allow me, i also have to transfer buses.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 13:24 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:
hoernig wrote:
Atlas77 wrote:

them refusing entry of the bus would be based on how busy the bus is, if it is like 5:30PM tomorrow, everyone is off work and the bus is a shit show, don't expect to get on- if it's 7:00(ish) and there is less people on the bus, expect to be let on.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
Pretty much what everyone else said. If the bus is busy and full, you will probably not be let on. But if it's empty, there's no reason to deny you entry, unless the driver is a dick.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
Buses are sketchy man, i've had to wait hours at stations due to bike complications. From my experience some drivers will let one bike in the bus but no more than one, and some wont let any in. Try pleading and begging if the rack is full, make sure to get some tears going about a family emergency or something.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
Buses are sketchy man, i've had to wait hours at stations due to bike complications. From my experience some drivers will let one bike in the bus but no more than one, and some wont let any in. Try pleading and begging if the rack is full, make sure to get some tears going about a family emergency or something.

haha, most of the drivers ive had without a bike are nice. do i get it on the rack or on the bus? im pretty confused about that too.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
KyleIsaman wrote:
Atlas77 wrote:
hoernig wrote:

them refusing entry of the bus would be based on how busy the bus is, if it is like 5:30PM tomorrow, everyone is off work and the bus is a shit show, don't expect to get on- if it's 7:00(ish) and there is less people on the bus, expect to be let on.

its probaly gonna be early or afternoonish.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
I hate the bus! I don't know if it's any different in Canada but here you get a bunch of crazy homeless people that yell random stuff and a bus driver that talks on his cell phone in a different language while he is driving! lol

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
it depends on how many people are on the bus. usually they have spots for wheelchairs and strollers with seats that pop up and down. you could put your bike there without a problem.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
1. they should have racks
2. bring bungee cords

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 16:51 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:
drewfunk wrote:

haha, most of the drivers ive had without a bike are nice. do i get it on the rack or on the bus? im pretty confused about that too.

There is a rack on the front of the bus that holds two bikes, which is where your bike should go. But often the rack is full. So sometimes the driver will let you bring a bike on the bus, sometimes not. More than likely not.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013920
Mobile Version of Website