Sketchy things people have done to keep riding!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Sketchy things people have done to keep riding!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:41 Quote
Hi people, this is a thread that got thought up just now on another thread so i thought id start it. basically just post the insane fixes youve made to ur bike to keep riding and what happened because of it. im about to fit two different length cranks because i dont have a pair. now its everyone elses turn. get posting!Big Grin

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
my friend ran a haro crank on the left and an eastern crank on the right once.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
i rebuilt a set of boxxers in a field at UKBP, using a multi tool, it didnt work.

Race Fail.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
Muttley wrote:
i rebuilt a set of boxxers in a field at UKBP, using a multi tool, it didnt work.

Race Fail.

at least you triedWink lol

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
when i cracked the chainstay on my XC bike half way through a trail i tied a tube over it and zip tied it so it wouldn't snap all the way so i could at least ride out.lol .

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
put a mechanical disk from my mates bike on my old XC hardtail so i could go on a riding trip

boxxers arent good when there is absolutely no damping (rebound or compression) and only 2 inches of available "travel".

They then pissed oil all over my front brake.

odin333 wrote:
when i cracked the chainstay on my XC bike half way through a trail i tied a tube over it and zip tied it so it wouldn't snap all the way so i could at least ride out.lol .

hardcore!!

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
got my cracked chanstays welded, cracked the next ride, at least it was free

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
Bent my fork and road it for a while.
Then bent it till I was riding sideways

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
this morning when i went to poor milk in my cereal the milk bag was uncut and i couldnt find siccors... fml

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:59 Quote
The 20mm dropout on my Manitou nixon broke. The pinch bolts that held the axle tight fell off. I noticed that the axle had a large hole in the end. So I tapped it and bolted the axle with a 1/2" bolt and large washer. It worked for months. Only added like 4oz to the weight of the bike.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
chuk2rs wrote:
The 20mm dropout on my Manitou nixon broke. The pinch bolts that held the axle tight fell off. I noticed that the axle had a large hole in the end. So I tapped it and bolted the axle with a 1/2" bolt and large washer. It worked for months. Only added like 4oz to the weight of the bike.
That reminds me.
Broke my maxle lever and shit clean off so I just vice gripped the maxle in.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
Zip tied my clothes back together after they ripped.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
Zip tied my clothes back together after they ripped.
Stapled my clothes back together!! LOL.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015867
Mobile Version of Website