Powered by Outside

Why are the british (England Wales Scotland Northern Ireland) the best in the world?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Why are the british (England Wales Scotland Northern Ireland) the best in the world?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 10:47 Quote
A question for everyone. We dont have the biggest of mountain ranges but we are still the best statistically. Is it genetics or the fact that we ride whatever the conditions? Many a time i and a few mates have had a whole wet mountain to ourselves in the alps.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
alot of it has to do with how much funding a country gives to its different cycling teams for training travel ect. Here in Canada Downhill doesnt get hardly any funding and riders have to pay for mostly everything if they want to compete

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
Basically you have Peaty and the Athertons.
Without those 4, Brits would not be the close to the best in the world. Four people don't make you as a country the best.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
We easly have the best juniors.And i have heard the coaching and devolpment is aslo very good.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
u must have confused the uk with austrailia

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
The best statiscally? I would say its France on that one....

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
You can't say you have the best statistictly but not tell us any stats! n00bz

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:29 Quote
mxmitch wrote:
You can't say you have the best statisticlt but not tell us any stats! n00bz

Ok so,

France has 10 Men's World Championships and 11 Women's World Championships. France also have 6 Men's World Cups Overall and 9 Women's World Cups Overall. Compared to the UK which has 1 Men's World Championship and 1 Women's World Championship. They also have 3 World Cups Overall in the men's and 2 World Cups overall in the women's...

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
No, I didn't mean you sorry the english tosser.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
mxmitch wrote:
No, I didn't mean you sorry the english tosser.

Oh, right. Its cool...

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
Do yours include 4X?

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:33 Quote
mxmitch wrote:
Do yours include 4X?

No, only DH...

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
Im just saying we do have a good amount of juniors that are in fact really good.
And I do know that Austrailia also has a good amount of juniors and there development is also very good.
And im not english im scottish Razz .

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
the british r pure racers there is not as nearly as much freestyle or north shore type stuff as in North America. I wish america had a better dh team but gwin shows potential. Canada is the freestyle Capitol fo the world but they also have good downhiller and they hav Mont Saint Anne that has to count for somthin

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
canada def has it goin on but they need results in the dh game and they arent really getting them. homebiy is right i thought aussies were pretty consistent but after i thought about it for a min the french are pretty tough to beat.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016084
Mobile Version of Website