Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

2010 jamis bam

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 jamis bam
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
photo

i have a broken arm at the moment. i will have it built soon. just picked it up from diablo about an hour ago! i will write a full review in early October when my are is healed.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
Looks pretty sweet, If it rides anything like the 09 BAM it should rip!

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
looks way nice man, well done. I like the new angles on the frame for sure. what shock are you planning on putting on there?

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
JohnJameson wrote:
looks way nice man, well done. I like the new angles on the frame for sure. what shock are you planning on putting on there?

the geo is the samea as '09. you probably talking about the looks, im assuming. currently i am just throwing my old build on.
photo

in 2010 i will be throwing on either a manitou revox or bos stoy, not sure yet.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 19:35 Quote
i have a 09 bam it is pretty nice it is not as smooth as i thought.....o well i just got it i think i need to put a lighter spring on it.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
BradRitter wrote:
i have a 09 bam it is pretty nice it is not as smooth as i thought.....o well i just got it i think i need to put a lighter spring on it.

it is most likely your spring, i have the same issue. i weigh about 150 I'm running a 450 although i should be with a 350.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
I found that for the BAM I had to run a softer spring, and add alot of bottom out ramp/air pressure to prevent me from blowing through the travel.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
yea its a good bike though get it for super cheap do the frames really crack as much as they say?

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
BradRitter wrote:
yea its a good bike though get it for super cheap do the frames really crack as much as they say?
I had a near experience cracking mine, felt some bad frame flex, we'll see though... Its mainly the Parker though

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
BradRitter wrote:

Yes.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
nishnash wrote:
BradRitter wrote:
I had a near experience cracking mine, felt some bad frame flex, we'll see though... Its mainly the Parker though

I've seen rear ends from the BAM in 4 pieces.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
nishnash wrote:
BradRitter wrote:

I've seen rear ends from the BAM in 4 pieces.
Shizzle haha cant wait to see that happen to mine haha
the flex I felt was actually in the headtube....

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
High G corners is when they tend to fail.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
High G corners is when they tend to fail.
Thats good to know
Good thing my cornering still has a long long way to go before I can consider it high G

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 21:00 Quote
cracking, although the bam didnt get very good rep for 2009 (went through 3) it was the first year of having a race bike. they worked out all of the kinks, rear end is much stiffer, there is no possible way you had flex in your head tube. do you mind if i ask you if you got it at diablo and for how much is cheap?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041420
Mobile Version of Website