Powered by Outside

►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
Hopefully this will be a post and discuss thread kind of thread with anything to do with instruments and compositions etc.

Im Sure there must be a fair few musicians on pinkbike.

Talk about instruments etc... not bands... i dont want this to be a arguing about jonas brothers trying to ruin rock or rap being bad etc.. (The usual crap people on the net seem to find nesecery to argue over)

However talking about trying to achieve Van halens tone for example is acceptable

As soon as anyone KNOWINGLY breaks these rules you will be banned from the group... End of.
Also no calling squiers etc bad for not being a real fender or whatever. We all started somewhere.

Anywho

I myself play Guitar and Bass.

Its probably a good idea to say what you play in at least your first post. And if its not obvious what your taking about later on.

Salute

#MODS MattJ92, Lettusdude, Unhallowed, woody-dh, #MODS
#BANS xcrisx,, #BANS

WARNING! ANY BREAKING OF THE RULES WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING BANNED, NO ARGUING, NO COMPLAINING, AND NO PMing ME OR ANY OTHER PEOPLE ASKING FOR THAT TO BE CHANGED. THIS IS NOT A ARGUMENT ABOUT KNOWN BANDS. THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE BAND TALK IS TALK ABOUT YOU OWN BAND!! KEEP IT CLEAN AND IF THERE IS AN ARGUEMENT... WHICH TRUST ME, WILL RESULT IN A BAN FOR THE PERSONS INVOLVED. DONT THEN DRAG IT BACK UP. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
To start off, I play bass in metal band, I play electric in a punk band and I play acoustic guitar just in my spare time.

Good thread Smile

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
CheersSmile

Oh if anyone has any videos or myspace links for themselves feel free to show off.

One rule. NO disgusting quality recordings of you or people at gigs recorded on phones. They always sound awful

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 15:42 Quote
I play electric guitar am quite good. Not in a band though. Although would kinda like to be in one. I might regret saying this but also the french horn through school.Big Grin cause im cool. Mainly just so i can do my standard grade english (O grades in english i think)

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 16:09 Quote
First one flying a Canadian flag in here? cool.

I play guitar and trumpet. I'm playing everything from hardcore to Ska Razz

photo
My guitars

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
Ooohh schecter. Nice tup

I have a epiphone myself. trying to find pics Moon

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
photo

Brian May - Red Special replica

photo

3 humbucker custom strat

photo

Double neck

photo

Frankenstein half painted up

photo

My Les paul Junior After a polish

I have some others but these are the ones i use regularly

photo

hehay. My old B & M Champion

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
hey i play guitar ive got a 1984 bc rich bich nj series and a yamaha guitar and also an acoutic guitar. i play all types of music. i also play bass when i go play with my band we do more bluesy stuff though. i can play a bit of drums to i wish i had some they are fun.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:23 Quote
That doubleneck is sick.

I play drumz. It's a pretty big kit but I have it set up in several different configurations depending on what/where I'm playing.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v265/157/83/1108465337/n1108465337_65896_372.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v265/157/83/1108465337/n1108465337_65910_3855.jpg
photo
And all my random crap...
That entire cymbal bag is full of some old cymbals/sawblades/other metal things I use for bells and stuff. I got a couple snare shells laying around I'm building up eventually. And I have a matching blue kick SOMEWHERE.

I've played in a couple metal bands over the years(Without Parole, Ominous Formation, Coin Operated Plague), don't have much time for it anymore... But when I move out and have some room I may set them up and get back into it.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:27 Quote
Unhallowed Eek You have ALOTA kit. haha. I miss my lil mapex drum kitFrown

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:31 Quote
Most of it was given to me for free, or acquired for dirt cheap.

My old high school needed an excuse to get new equipment so a blind eye was turned when things started to go missing. Wink

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:34 Quote
Haha lmao. Yeah i did that for my kit. I decided the school didnt need spare spares. And things started falling into my bag. One day some bastard stole my snare at a gig since my band used my kit. So i walked out the school with theres. The music teacher turned out to be by the gates so i just told her it was mine and was on my way lol

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:39 Quote
I'm 15 and I play drums, vocals, piano, and a little guitar. My whole family, especially my dad, is a huge fan of music and we all play some instrument or sing. We listen to music a LOT, and if there isn't at least 4 different types of music one in different parts of the house, they you know there's a serious problem. Smile

We have a small recording studio in our house, but it's unfinished at the moment as we just moved to Singapore from Germany. One of the major things we still need is acoustic foam for the whole room. My dad is actually in Germany right now buying new preamps for our rack, new heads and mics for my drums, and a few other things. Here are some pics:

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:46 Quote
Hey guy's, i'm a pro musician and made my living gigging, sessioning etc.. I play anything really but specialize in guitar and drums. I used to gig alot but with the way things are in the uk, places don't pay like they used to..

Me at some festival with my trusted 58 les paul..
photo

Playing with some strange folk thing..
photo

Setting up my kit in some dodgy club...
photo

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 18:13 Quote
Thats a shame dude. If your under 18 most places in south east now dont wanna pay you at all now Frown We played a few freebies cos we love playing (how cheesy i know) but itd be nice to at least not have to pay for a few drinks after or something. Oh well guess the economy is even effecting teens...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050153
Mobile Version of Website