Powered by Outside

Troy Lee D2, Composite

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Troy Lee D2, Composite
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 16:04 Quote
For Christmas, I plan on buying my dad a Troy Lee D2 composite in the Steve Peat paint job. I am wanting to know what opinions you guys have on this helmet. I've heard nothing but good about the D2, and want to see if everybody agrees. As for information on my old man, he is an avid DH'er and doesn't like the fit and weight of his current 661 full face. Is the D2 composite light, comfortable and most importantly durable?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://catalog.troyleedesigns.com/catalog/images/08D2_peaty.jpg
Thanks for all the help.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 16:06 Quote
well if you have the money TLD are nice helmets. dont really like the paint job on that one. but there awsome helmets

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 16:11 Quote
The D2 is one of the lightest and best fitting helmets you'll ever try! and even if you get the correvt size and it still doesn't fit, it comes with an extra padding kit, basicly theyre foam inserts with a stick side to them, you take off the foam lining of the helmet, put these in, and put the foam liner back in place and there you go! perfect fit! i had to do this to my TLD D2, and its the best fit i've ever gotten. the padding is mostly emphasized on the side of your head, theres a little less up top, but none the less its quite comfortable, as for durability, i got my D2 about 5 months ago, other then a little chip or two, it looks the same as it did when i acquired it, and i ride very frequently, maybe 4 times a week, and i've crashed a few times, mostly i avoided hitting my head, but on the few impacts that made contactr with the helmet, nothings happened whatsoever! i say go for it! best helmet you'll ever buy, and the paint is sure to turn heads, if your lookign for something really special, you could even get TLD to do a custom design for you.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 23:29 Quote
I rock a D2. Have for the last couple seasons. And honestly, after wearing this helmet, I don't think I will ever wear anything else other then the TLD D2. It's the comfiest, lightest, and best ventilated helmet I have ever worn.

Keep in mind that I didn't say it was the lightest helmet out there, or the best ventilated. It's just the best combination of those three that I have found. As for the comfort part, well it IS the comfiest helmet I've ever worn. Definatly worth the price tag.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 23:48 Quote
The D2 is an awesome helmet, but if u think that ur dad is worried about the weight, then unless u get a d2 carbon this isnt one of the lighter composite helmets around.
Ur better off looking at a new Giro Remedy Carbon, they are good helmets and lighter than the d2 comp.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:54 Quote
I have raced D2's for the past three seasons. They are hands down awsome. Super light, Super strong.. I crashed on on a Dirt bike, didnt crack, hardly scratch.. such good helmets.

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
what goggles fir well with a D2? what about oakley provens?
http://oakley.ca/pd/5999

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 16:42 Quote
I usualy rock spy goggles.. however, I have recently got a pair of THOR goggles. They seem to be good as well.

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
steve-abell wrote:
I usualy rock spy goggles.. however, I have recently got a pair of THOR goggles. They seem to be good as well.

great thanks
Which gogs did u buy from Spy, and Thor?

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 at 11:35 Quote
Oakley Crowbars fit the D2 well.

<Deleted photo>

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
Oakley Crowbars fit the D2 well.

<Deleted photo>

BEaty thanks mate
:Cool :

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
I can't believe this thread is still going after two years. I happen to like my D2 an awful lot, so does my pa

photo

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 at 17:11 Quote
I had spy gold's from about two seasons ago.. they where top notch at the time. Now I am rockin a slightly smaller framed THOR goggle. I find something with a slightly smaller frame sits nicer on the face, and less on the actual helmet. Just an opinion tho.

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 20:36 Quote
I happen to like mine alot too Chris Wink
If anyone was wondering what helmet MajesticMOOSE was talking about 3 years ago here it is:
photo

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 at 16:48 Quote
hey sorry i know this forum is old but i just wanted to ask some other d2 users, how do your helmets fit?

ive got the med/lrg d2 history and obviously i checked for sizing and stuff and my head is 57cm but its still fairly snug or tight round my cheeks (i dont have a fat face either) i was just wondering if yours are the same? its just my old 661 evo was loose even in the right size

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012493
Mobile Version of Website