Powered by Outside

Best way to RAW a bike?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best way to RAW a bike?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 7:02 Quote
So, Im looking to RAW my bmx. I want to RAW the frame, forks and bars. What would be the fastest way? and which way would give the best result?

Thanks for reading.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 7:11 Quote
sand it down, ALOT, then use paint thinner to strip the paint off

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 9:03 Quote
Chemical Paint stripper.

You can find it in gel form, or spray on form. Put on, wait for paint to bubble up, wipe/scrape off.
Hell of alot less work then sand paper.

If you don't feel comfortable with chemicals, get some automotive stripping sandpaper. Its 40grit, and will rip the paint right of your frame. Makes sure you don't contact the metal too though, because itwill scratch it up.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 9:08 Quote
nitromors could work it will strip paint of anything and won't leave your frame scratched from sandpaper

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:22 Quote
shacabahalla wrote:
nitromors could work it will strip paint of anything and won't leave your frame scratched from sandpaper

doesnt wet sanding help with scratches? when me and me and my dad were doing his street bike frame...we snaded it then wet sanded with a finer sandpaper and it made it super smooth

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:25 Quote
sandd blast it, i am doing that to my bike tommorow, but im paintin it after. its deffinetly the fastest way though

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:26 Quote
or use a grinder with a wire wheel that will make it look so nice after plus it will smooth any scrathes that you have in it to

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:29 Quote
Im rawing mine right not and im using wire brush that goes on drills and it works well

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 12:04 Quote
yeah i used like a angle ginder with a wire wheel on it to do my old bars, took like 5 min

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 14:31 Quote
Thanks for the responses guys! much appreciated. If theres any more out there please share!

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 14:33 Quote
sos pads and hot water takes time but no scratches are left in the finish

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 15:30 Quote
NOOOOOO don't sand it. It leaves marks and makes it rust faster. go to wal-mart and pick up a heavy dutie chemical paint stripper. take a brush and paint it on think. leave it over night and when you come back in the morning the paint should just fall off giving you that natural raw look!
If you sand or use a wire brush it makes scratch marks and doesn't look natural.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 15:32 Quote
if you trip that paint your frame will rust

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 16:40 Quote
Water from Asia works great.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 16:44 Quote
go to home depot and get this acid stuff forget what it is called bout my friend used it to get oil off his drive way( bit of over kill) and if you put it on paint it will just melt it straight off

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011616
Mobile Version of Website