Powered by Outside

Who else thinks "energy" drinks should come with a health warning?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Who else thinks "energy" drinks should come with a health warning?
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
man! im pretty shocked when i see little kids come to my trails with a 4pk of beer can sized energy drinks,these kids are gonna grow up an develope diabetes if they carry on like this, i try an educate em that water an bannanas an stuff like flap'jacks would be much much better but,i guess the mass marketing advertising an logo placement is too much for the easily infuenced to ignore

i know that these corperations put a lot back into sports but,i just think they should come with a health warning kinda like cigerette packets

opinions??????

EDIT ON 9-12-09 i have since learnt that the long held belief that over consumption of suger is linked to developing diabetese was disproven in 2006,i was part of a generation that was taught the opposite(around 18yrs ago in phys ed),if you read the whole of this thread you'l see why i'm posting this edit
i gotta point out that the rest of my concerns still stand
DISSCLAIMER this was intended as a light hearted thread from a day at my trails but, has since turned into quite the debate!!

FL
Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
flapjacks, what are you, Canadian eh?

FL
Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:06 Quote
all you can do is inform. it's their responsibility after that... you tell any 12 year old kid not to do some thing, and they wanna do it even more. they're kids, they're dumb.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
i do drink energy drinks only like one on every sesh
but what i do do is i bring one can, and some water so it balances out, and food =], but its not good for them to drink 4 packs, once every 2 weeks sould be fine

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:47 Quote
let the stupid kids learn their lesson. i dont drink that crap w/ all the taurine and caffiene and whatever chemicals they put in there to make ur balls shrink and what not Confused

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:48 Quote
im not drinking them any more only on special ocasions

FL
Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:50 Quote
i beer bonged 3 monster at once at crankworx... i have had 12 monsters in a day...
i have consumed retarded amount of monster (f*cking crankworx) and I'm fine!

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
z-man wrote:
i beer bonged 3 monster at once at crankworx... i have had 12 monsters in a day...

haha same here i was at the monster tent every 5 minutes. but otherwise i never buy them, i only drink them if theyre free

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
i drank 2 relentless energy drinks as after i opened one i realised the other had a hole in it and i didnt wanna waste it,i honestly thought i was gonna have a heart attack,granted my age might not help but bugger theres gonna be a lot of failed law suites in a few years.

i drink nothing but water now,and the odd chocolate milk shake for a perp.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
will they effect me, im 13 and i like monster!

FL
Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
y0Ho wrote:
No you're super man, some how, while it's bad for everyone else, you're not going to be AFFECTED.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
y0Ho wrote:

your either gonna burn yourself out or get extremely fat.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 12:04 Quote
burn my self out what does that mean??

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
y0Ho wrote:
burn my self out what does that mean??

some people suffer from exhaustion or there completely knackered,if you drink energy drinks for the sake of it then your body has no time to rest.

at 13 i needed no such thing as energy drinks,i was like a kangaroo on whizzzzzz i never stopped.

drop the energy drinks drink more watwer and get out more.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 12:09 Quote
z-man wrote:

Apart from dressing up in pink rabbit suits...Wink

Well, the effects of them is widely known and do you really take the time to read whats on the side of a can...?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008702
Mobile Version of Website