Powered by Outside

Santa cruz v10, commencal supreme dh, session 88, m6, 951, or shocker?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa cruz v10, commencal supreme dh, session 88, m6, 951, or shocker?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
Hey im into dh racing and im looking for a race/ whistler riding frame that is low matenince. i like the snappier feel and an 09 in year, which choise do you think is best?

Santa cruz v10

Commencal Dh supreme

Trek session 88

Intense 951

intense m6

cove shocker are the options

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
951, commencal, or shocker

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:26 Quote
demo 8? lol
dhr son...
shocker feels dead

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
hey yeah you have a decent dh bike. shocker feels dead? really? i always thought that thing looked fast.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
demos are dope for racing if you set em up right.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
well i like my Supreme DH, rides like a dream and corners like no other.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 21:41 Quote
lol i know but i need somethin new feels like a boat that whipps nice. Are commencals fragile?

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 21:58 Quote
dont get an 09 commencal, ive had one and the paint is EXTREMELY fragile. id say just get an 010 commencal they have sorted out the paintwork and supremes are 400g lighter!

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
I haven't ridden any of them, but from what I've read/seen, the Supreme DH would be my pick.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
id go with the commencal or the trek, i dont like the angles on the v10, i rode a 951 last week and i didnt like the rates and it felt a bit slugish in my oppinion, m6 is a great bike but seems a bit on the big and heavy side for a race bike unless your racing gnarr stuff, the commencal i believe is a great allround bike and feels right at home, the 88 is a great bike aswell but as everyone knows is a tin can when it comes to frame tubing

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 6:49 Quote
I have commencal supreme DH 09, the lowest budget model, supreme racing dh. I put some new parts: sunline v1 handlebar and softer spring to the shock. I'm going to buy some nice LG1 chaindevices and then it's ready to be my next season racebike. I think the single pivot linkage is awesome and the frame with all the possibilitys to tweak it. The frame inspires confidence and you want to challenge it all the time, like how it takes some roots or rocks, drops... It does have a bad guality paint, byt you don't buy a dh frame for looks, don't you? Wink

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 8:44 Quote
twigme wrote:
id go with the commencal or the trek, i dont like the angles on the v10, i rode a 951 last week and i didnt like the rates and it felt a bit slugish in my oppinion, m6 is a great bike but seems a bit on the big and heavy side for a race bike unless your racing gnarr stuff, the commencal i believe is a great allround bike and feels right at home, the 88 is a great bike aswell but as everyone knows is a tin can when it comes to frame tubing
I ride a v10, and i love it. but same as the m6, it is a plow bike. not good for most california stuff. but kyle, if you think the demo is a boat, then i wouldn't go v10, or m6, because they are cruise ships. i haven't tried 951, but i hear it's just a nimbler m6. gotta choose your lines better but it pedals better too.

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
if your intrested mate there is a 951 cheap http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190348586693&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
Sean115 wrote:
twigme wrote:
I ride a v10, and i love it. but same as the m6, it is a plow bike. not good for most california stuff. but kyle, if you think the demo is a boat, then i wouldn't go v10, or m6, because they are cruise ships. i haven't tried 951, but i hear it's just a nimbler m6. gotta choose your lines better but it pedals better too.
the v10 or m6 or even demo can be just as nimble as any other of the bikes you listed. its all about the build. SO GO PIMP OUT YOUR DEMO

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
mxrider1993 wrote:
im looking for a race/ whistler riding frame that is low matenince

I can tell you that the Cove Shocker is the most durable and reliable bike I have owned in 20 years of mountain biking. If you want no maintenence and a very robust frame then it is the best choice.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009582
Mobile Version of Website