Powered by Outside

best DH frames on the market

PB Forum :: Downhill
best DH frames on the market
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:17 Quote
Im lookin for a high ed DH race bike. Money is nnot an object. I wantt top know whatt you tthink the bestt DH race frames are and why???
thanks.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
Iron Horse-DW link, light, Sam Hill

Intense M6- it went like 130mph, VPP, the legend continues

Intense Socom- VPP, could be built to be the lightest dh on the market

Santa Cruz V10- VPP, like the M1/3 one of the staple dh bikes

Devinci Wilson 4- I think it's the best, but that's because I own one, slightly biased.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
I think that any of the bikes that are used at a professional level are about equal. that said some bikes are better for differant courses and the style of riding that you do.
its not the bike its the rider
one of my friends can beat me on almost every trail on his hardtail

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:24 Quote
giant glory
Orange 224
corsair
foes dhs 2:1
Chumba F5
Nicolai anything

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:29 Quote
santa cruz v10
foes dhs mono 2:1
divinchi wilson
specialized demo 8
sunday world cup
turner dhr

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:29 Quote
The Santa Cruz V10 is a World Cup ready DH bike. If you have the $$ you will not regret buying this bike. Bear in mind it is a DH race ready bike and you will notice the length and feel when freeriding, note no granny gear here. The long wheelbase takes getting used to when riding North Shore style structures but point it downhill and this bike shines. Your riding ability and confidence will go up 10% on your first day. Just keep on riding this bike and you can only get better as the ample suspension will save you when you come up short or go a bit to long.

Santa Cruz got it right with the frame angles and suspension on the V10. This allows the bike to corner incredibly well, hold its line in rough terrain, provide huge confidence at high speed or going off of large drops Santa Cruz placed the suspension weight low on the frame so you can bunny hop the bike and move it around easily in the air for a DH rig. The V10 pedals incredibly well and with 10 inches of travel in the rear suspension it loves bombing through the rough stuff.

The Fox DHX 5.0 shock does have a predictable feel but does not have the progressive rate of other shocks on the market which you may be more accustomed too. This is rider preference but some people complain there is not enough rebound control. The Fox DHX 5.0 has a linear feel and requires you to crank up the rebound control to prevent the shock from bottoming easily. The Boxxer World Cup 8 inch travel fork has great tuning adjustability for rebound and high and low speed compression, it sucks up big and small hits. The name World Cup is right, just point and shoot this fork holds its line, even if you come up a bit short off a jump or drop.

DT’s 440 hubs are a top rate product but the DT rim build is too soft for normal daily riding and tend to fold inwards easily. Owners of these rims complain that the rims bend easily, the good thing is it does not compromise the wheel trueness or integrity and can still be used. That or I need to turn up the smooth knob to prevent rim damage from 10” of rear wheel travel/ confidence. XO shifting is a dream and allows you to run your thumb shifter inboard or outboard of the brake master cylinder. The rest of the component spec is top rate with Thompson post and stem, E-Thirteen chain tensioner, Race Face Diabolus bar, Chris King Headset and TruVativ Holzfeller Howitzer cranks.

Buy it, bomb you local trail and piss of your buddies for having the best bike!

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:33 Quote
eastvan wrote:
The Santa Cruz V10 is a World Cup ready DH bike. If you have the $$ you will not regret buying this bike. Bear in mind it is a DH race ready bike and you will notice the length and feel when freeriding, note no granny gear here. The long wheelbase takes getting used to when riding North Shore style structures but point it downhill and this bike shines. Your riding ability and confidence will go up 10% on your first day. Just keep on riding this bike and you can only get better as the ample suspension will save you when you come up short or go a bit to long.

Santa Cruz got it right with the frame angles and suspension on the V10. This allows the bike to corner incredibly well, hold its line in rough terrain, provide huge confidence at high speed or going off of large drops Santa Cruz placed the suspension weight low on the frame so you can bunny hop the bike and move it around easily in the air for a DH rig. The V10 pedals incredibly well and with 10 inches of travel in the rear suspension it loves bombing through the rough stuff.

The Fox DHX 5.0 shock does have a predictable feel but does not have the progressive rate of other shocks on the market which you may be more accustomed too. This is rider preference but some people complain there is not enough rebound control. The Fox DHX 5.0 has a linear feel and requires you to crank up the rebound control to prevent the shock from bottoming easily. The Boxxer World Cup 8 inch travel fork has great tuning adjustability for rebound and high and low speed compression, it sucks up big and small hits. The name World Cup is right, just point and shoot this fork holds its line, even if you come up a bit short off a jump or drop.

DT’s 440 hubs are a top rate product but the DT rim build is too soft for normal daily riding and tend to fold inwards easily. Owners of these rims complain that the rims bend easily, the good thing is it does not compromise the wheel trueness or integrity and can still be used. That or I need to turn up the smooth knob to prevent rim damage from 10” of rear wheel travel/ confidence. XO shifting is a dream and allows you to run your thumb shifter inboard or outboard of the brake master cylinder. The rest of the component spec is top rate with Thompson post and stem, E-Thirteen chain tensioner, Race Face Diabolus bar, Chris King Headset and TruVativ Holzfeller Howitzer cranks.

Buy it, bomb you local trail and piss of your buddies for having the best bike!

do you work for santacruz/sram ???? that sounded more like an add then a recomendation

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
totemo7 wrote:
santa cruz v10
foes dhs mono 2:1
divinchi wilson
specialized demo 8
sunday world cup
turner dhr
foes

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
norco shore 1 ^^

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:36 Quote
bbbb wrote:
norco shore 1 ^^

OMG PLEASE

FL
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:15 Quote
Santa Cruz v10 or Ironhorse Sunday they were both made for racing and do very well at it.If you dont mind somthing that looks a bit different and since moneys no problem you could look into Lahar.

http://www.farkin.net/page.php?zp=2bbd5d

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 5:07 Quote
AS Mentioned above

Intense Socom
Iron Horse Sunday
and I'll throw in a Commencal Supreme.

Everyone swears by the V10 but tend to think 10" of travel seems like overkill but I haven't had a chance to ride one so can't honestly vote for or against it.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 5:25 Quote
Demo8! - Low BB + very low centre of gravity + superb construction + lifetime warranty + super slack head angle + sex like hell = a sure thing!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010995
Mobile Version of Website