Powered by Outside

Mid Wales Mini DH Race-Anyone interested?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Mid Wales Mini DH Race-Anyone interested?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
Hi pinkbikers of Wales and across the border Smile this is kind of a dry run. Im thinking of organising a mini DH race roughly 2 miles from Lake Vyrnwy (check it on your maps) in Wales. the format is inspired by a recent similair thing in scotland and i personally believe its a way forward for DH. All i want to know is if there is any interest. There will be no uplift, its a short course and entry would be £3 or £4 at most. If possible il make it free but it all depends on how much interest i get now. The race would likely be end of January early february so tell your friends, spread the word and tell me what you think. Smile

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
Hell yeah , i'm there ... even though i'm there every weekend !

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:36 Quote
Sounds mint. What track is it you want to race?

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:40 Quote
im interested.... give me more details and ill get the race team down there m8

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
KonaShredaTom wrote:
Sounds mint. What track is it you want to race?
The track is a private one that we're told was built by a mixture of the Athertons and the Belks and some other locals, its a nice flowy track, very muddy in the winter and we hope to add some features to make it more challenging. its a good 50 seconds long. we might even have a style comp on this kicker over a forestry road. if it happens, it will be good!

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
dave6797 wrote:
now we're talking, so i can put that down as around 10 riders at least? Smile

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:44 Quote
The Belks built it?? Mint, I've probably ridden it then.

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:45 Quote
James the thread has only been up for 30mins ... i wouldn't start counting numbers yet.

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
You probably have

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
downhill1409 wrote:
dave6797 wrote:
now we're talking, so i can put that down as around 10 riders at least? Smile

i havent said anything to them yet but ill need to know were it is and what date so let me know closer to the date

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
joey230594 wrote:
James the thread has only been up for 30mins ... i wouldn't start counting numbers yet.
its was a joke, but why not? Dave and Clive's team would be 10 riders or there abouts.

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
I know the track your talking about, Its quite flat and you get to it by turning off onto a forestry track just before you get to Lake Vrnwyy

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
KonaShredaTom wrote:
I know the track your talking about, Its quite flat and you get to it by turning off onto a forestry track just before you get to Lake Vrnwyy
yep you got it, dans track.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009140
Mobile Version of Website