Powered by Outside

I've been offered a Kona Stinky for £480, opinons please!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
I've been offered a Kona Stinky for £480, opinons please!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
Hi guys,

Just been offered a 2006 Kona Stinky for £480, is this a decent price or is it a little too strong for the money?

It's simply the standard Stinky- but hasn' been ridden much, freshly serviced etc.

Your thoughts please!

Dave

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
Can you let me buy it?
Lol joking yeah sounds good, make sure you see it first. (incase of cracks or dents) im sure you know what to do.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
off out to see it now.... wish me luck!

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
errr.. I kinda made a rash impulse buy.

Turned out the guy selling it was my Doctor- so as I see him at least three times a year, and I know where he works, I'm pretty sure it ain't a lemon! Plus I have a typical doctorly file of receipts & service documents (shocks & forks serviced last month, pads month beofre etc) Couldn't help but feel a little bad- seems it was his 19 year old kids bike who crashed his car last week. Sufice to say £470 covered the repairs. Ouch. His loss my gain I guess!

£470 in the end.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 5:22 Quote
photo

Excuse the crappy pictures- it seems it may be pretty grotty out there today.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 5:27 Quote
looks tidy,and it aint got the bendy plates.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 5:33 Quote
Bendy plates? Please elaborate Mr Marquis...

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 5:34 Quote
davemunk wrote:
Bendy plates? Please elaborate Mr Marquis...

originally all 2006 stinkies came with these.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.galbraithmt.com/images/bikes/kona_stinky/kona_stinky_link_2006_big.jpg
but they bent so kona replaced them.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 5:48 Quote
Aaaahhhh...

I wondered about that when I was looking at it to be honest. I knew that Kona advertised the milled rocker plates on the 2006, but couldn't work out why this bike didn't have them whilst it was stamped 2006 all over.

Not entirely convinced by the Marz drop off triples if I'm honest, they feel a little flexy and the rebound is poo (and can only be adjusted by releasing all the air presure and removing the RH schrader valve). Any experience of them?

My first impressions are that the Stinky is rather light for a freeride bike, in fact I was genuinely suprised how easy it was to pick up. S

hall be heading off to the woods this afternoon if the rain holds off!

Thanks matey!

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 7:02 Quote
ditch the drop off soon as,other than that there great bikes and i miss mine.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012903
Mobile Version of Website