Powered by Outside

Need help, blk mrkt killswitch

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Need help, blk mrkt killswitch
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
hey guys,

im tossing up getting a kill switch or a mob. i mainly do fairly large dirt jumps a few road gaps ect and minimal street. do you reckn that the killswitch would be just as good and efficient as a hard tail for these things. i reckn it would be becouse its a real light bike built up, only 26lbs built up for carter hollands build.

just your input and opinions

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 12:33 Quote
Haven't rode a KillSwitch, but checked it out it's a pretty sick setsetup.
I've rode a Mob before and loved it (Riot Frame is what i'm getting)
but for your purposes sounds like the Killswitch would be the better option if you don't really do street. I know a guy who freerides his hardtail (P3) with big forks on it and he does just fine, but he also does street.
All in all i think it's up to u, my vote goes to the KS though.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
yer im swaying towards the ks. i think it will be quite hard to get it down to 26lbs like carters. does any one know if its horizontal dropouts?

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
can you buy the ks yet? I've been trying to make the same decision between the riot or ks. i haven't seen the ks for sale last time i check blkmrkt's wedsite.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
timmyfosho wrote:
can you buy the ks yet? I've been trying to make the same decision between the riot or ks. i haven't seen the ks for sale last time i check blkmrkt's wedsite.

comes out aprill 2010, gives me time to save up

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
timmyfosho wrote:
Pretty sure it's still a new bike in the prototype stage. Since the owner of BlkMrkt unattached himself from S&M bikes i'm guessing its gonna be a bit before we see this hit the market, guess it's been 2 years in the making though.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
StrictlyBidness wrote:
timmyfosho wrote:
Pretty sure it's still a new bike in the prototype stage. Since the owner of BlkMrkt unattached himself from S&M bikes i'm guessing its gonna be a bit before we see this hit the market, guess it's been 2 years in the making though.
so is it still aimed to be realesed in april 2010

Posted: Dec 17, 2009 at 23:39 Quote
themtbr wrote:
StrictlyBidness wrote:
timmyfosho wrote:
so is it still aimed to be realesed in april 2010
To be honest i do not know, but i can sure look.

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 0:33 Quote
StrictlyBidness wrote:
http://brule.pinkbike.com/blog/Killswitch-by-Black-Market-Bikes.html
Yep if all goes as planned it's to be released spring of 2010

Lovely bike get it. Who says u cant do street on a short travel fs. I ride street and park on a kona bass when i cant ride dirt. Get some looks especially from bmxer's but i dont think it holds you back at all, dont really notice the difference.

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 3:41 Quote
Don't buy the ks. youre gonna pay alot more money for a bike that wont ride jumps as well. Hardtails are so much better for that type of riding, even though the ks is really cool it would'nt be as practical.

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 3:44 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
Don't buy the ks. youre gonna pay alot more money for a bike that wont ride jumps as well. Hardtails are so much better for that type of riding, even though the ks is really cool it would'nt be as practical.

Not arguing with you mate totaly agree hard tails are better. But I dirt jump my bass and have no problems as long as you run a high psi in your rear shock its fine

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 5:05 Quote
I would source and purchase a last remaining Mob manufactured by S&M. Who knows where the KS will be manufactured after the split. The Mob is tried and true. The KS may be neat but unproven as of yet.

My Mob is the best bike I have ever ridden.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012774
Mobile Version of Website