Powered by Outside

What would be a good DJ-Street fork.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What would be a good DJ-Street fork.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 19:31 Quote
I was thinking a Fox fork...any suggestions?

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 19:46 Quote
argyle 318 or 409
fox float 36 lowered to 100mm
fox 813
marz 4x if you want something beefy

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:04 Quote
ericgreilich wrote:
Argyle 318 or 409
Fox Float 36 lowered to 100mm
Fox 831
Marz 4x if you want something beefy
Speaks the truth.

(831 not 813)

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:06 Quote
my bad lol i meant 831. But yeah the fox 831 and the 36 are the lighter of the forks up there. not sure what is lighter between the two, but either way you cant go wrong.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:09 Quote
id get an argyle. i have one and love it the 318 is nice and has lots of adjustments or if you want air go with the 409 the Fox 831 however will not handle street abuse as well as an argyle, they are made as more of a lightweight 4X fork

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:13 Quote
lol are you kidding me the 831 was designed as foxes dj fork. Trust me the 831 will not break riding street. my friends ride fox f100s for street. those are a xc fork and they are fine

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:16 Quote
ericgreilich wrote:
lol are you kidding me the 831 was designed as foxes dj fork. Trust me the 831 will not break riding street. my friends ride fox f100s for street. those are a xc fork and they are fine
i didnt say that it would break i said that it wouldnt be as strong the argyle, because the argyle has steel sanctions and the fox doesnt, just to name one of the differences. it will make it heavier but it will be harder to break

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:18 Quote
Yes im not gonna lie i am running an argyle 409 on my bike, it is stronger than an 831. but weight comes with strength. But still an 831 will not break anytime soon

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:19 Quote
ericgreilich wrote:
Yes im not gonna lie i am running an argyle 409 on my bike, it is stronger than an 831. but weight comes with strength. But still an 831 will not break anytime soon
agreed

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:28 Quote
FORUM SEARCH

please

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:33 Quote
fall0ut wrote:
FORUM SEARCH

please
what are you freaking out about? it was a clarification that had to do with the topic and helps people make the decision on what to buy.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 22:01 Quote
socalnorco wrote:
fall0ut wrote:
FORUM SEARCH

please
what are you freaking out about? it was a clarification that had to do with the topic and helps people make the decision on what to buy.

there are so many threads on this topic, it would take 5 minutes to look through old ones instead of making yet another "what fork should i get" thread

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 22:04 Quote
fall0ut wrote:
socalnorco wrote:
fall0ut wrote:
FORUM SEARCH

please

there are so many threads on this topic, it would take 5 minutes to look through old ones instead of making yet another "what fork should i get" thread
no need to have an emotional breakdown and write in all caps...

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 23:28 Quote
socalnorco wrote:
fall0ut wrote:
socalnorco wrote:

no need to have an emotional breakdown and write in all caps...

what a comeback! you knew i was right and thats all you can come up with? maybe a mature statement would have been better, if you can handle that

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 0:28 Quote
stfu both of u

anyway whats ur budget? If you have loads of money i would say an 831 or a fox 36 float if not a pike or an argyle. If you are smooth and not too heavy you could run a fox 32, it would be good because it weighs less than all the others but maybe not as strong.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009642
Mobile Version of Website