Powered by Outside

Marzocchi DJ3 or Society Xeno?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzocchi DJ3 or Society Xeno?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 12:41 Quote
Hi guys, i'll buy a new suspension in my birthday, April. I'm into street/park, so i want a DJ suspension, and i don't know what suspension to buy...Marzocchi DJ3 or Society Xeno Big Grin
TY

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 13:22 Quote
Society = restickered RST space jump, I'd go with the Dj3 as i think my face would look better on my head than the floor.
photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 14:23 Quote
Are they really that bad?

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 14:32 Quote
if getting djs dont get 09. made by suntour and crap in general. a mate has already bust his 09s doing nothing spectacular. 2010s are greatly improved. xenos are good but heavier i think but you might want to check that out Big Grin

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 14:35 Quote
society hands down! strong as hell and feel sweet for dirt. even did some DH with mine and they took it all in their sride. DJ3 are flexy and cheeply made in taiwan which = absolute b*llocks. go for the society.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
Societys hands down? no, more like face down. I personally wouldn't ride either fork as they're both pretty bad but you'll have a higher life expectancy with the marzocchi.
This is what happened to my buddy Dangerous Dave:
photo

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 14:18 Quote
Wow O.o, some say that Marzocchi are cheaply made, some say society forks are easy to break...I have to be sincere, i'm more interested in Society's because they have a 20mm axle and come with the 9mm hub adaptors, and they work with oil and air, so it seems better than marzocchi forks, but marzocchi is a great brand and has good feedback, but i only have money for the DJ3 that comes with 9mm axle, and it works with springs...

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 14:21 Quote
A dj3 with a stiff nutted axle will be stronger than an rst. Xenos are poor.

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 14:23 Quote
Dont scared by the picture where the stanchions are ripped out the crown. There are Rst launches or something similar. They retails at 69.99 and were truly terrible.

Dj3s feel bad. Will last a while.
Xenos feel really good for the money... Easier to brake.

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 14:25 Quote
Theyre pure dangerous. I've ridden and snapped many forks, nothing has shocked me as much as those xenos.
My buddy is sponserd and is as smooth as f*ck and he snapped his easily, and he is build like a little girl.

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 14:38 Quote
Hahaha. The 4Xr forks are pretty bad too. Phil Aukland said he jammed several 2p coins into his as the preload is crap and he cant get them stiff enough lol

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 14:41 Quote
lol thats a good old trick

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 15:17 Quote
Bahhh i tought Xeno's were good Frown . So DJ3 9mm axle is a good choice? I have a cheap Suntour (XCT 80mm) so anything would be better...

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
BUY MY FORK, or dont, but id save up and get a higher end for than eithre of those, buy used, or just go rigid

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015574
Mobile Version of Website