Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Kona Shred/Scab/Stuff

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Shred/Scab/Stuff
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 14:23 Quote
What are these actually like? Are they any good as an allrounder bike?
I've not got much money and these seem cheap second hand.

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 7:42 Quote
ive got a scrap and its an amazing all round bike! lil heavy in the trails but good on the jumps and also fun in the streets

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 8:19 Quote
I just rode an 07 Scrap for the last few years.
Started as a shitty rider and i've become an alright rider.
The scrap wasnt too heavy 33.2 lbs. And its geometry wasnt as bad as they say,
Street, Dirt, and Trail i used it for. Loved that bike.
Until i snapped my frame Frown

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 18:42 Quote
howd you snap your frame? ive rode mine pretty hard and have had no problems Big Grin

Posted: May 31, 2010 at 14:09 Quote
toyner34 wrote:
howd you snap your frame? ive rode mine pretty hard and have had no problems Big Grin

Flatland 360, too much stress

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 6:56 Quote
Kona-123 wrote:
toyner34 wrote:

that sucks man

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 8:39 Quote
toyner34 wrote:
Kona-123 wrote:
toyner34 wrote:

that sucks man

Kona wont replace it D:

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 10:45 Quote
Kona-123 wrote:
toyner34 wrote:
Kona-123 wrote:

that sucks man

Kona wont replace it D:
ya prob not since its a few years old! theres med scrap frames for sale for like 75 bucks, you should just rebiuld the bike on a frame

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 8:07 Quote
toyner34 wrote:
Kona-123 wrote:
toyner34 wrote:

that sucks man

Kona wont replace it D:
ya prob not since its a few years old! theres med scrap frames for sale for like 75 bucks, you should just rebiuld the bike on a frame

I would but i want a small or XS frame. and its tough to find one in good shape. I can get a warranty frame from Kona for $175. XS 05 Scrap frame. just have to order in.

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 8:09 Quote
Kona-123 wrote:
toyner34 wrote:
Kona-123 wrote:

Kona wont replace it D:

I would but i want a small or XS frame. and its tough to find one in good shape. I can get a warranty frame from Kona for $175. XS 05 Scrap frame. just have to order in.

do they still make scrap frames? i thought they switched the name too "Stuff" ?

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 8:26 Quote
toyner34 wrote:
Kona-123 wrote:
toyner34 wrote:

They dont make scrap. and they always made stuff. But the scrap from is so old. its just left over as a warranty. Its been sitting around the factory lol

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 15:35 Quote
Kona-123 wrote:
toyner34 wrote:
Kona-123 wrote:

They dont make scrap. and they always made stuff. But the scrap from is so old. its just left over as a warranty. Its been sitting around the factory lol

oh lol i wanna buy one that hasnt been used and biuld up another bike, whered you get it from and do they have any left?

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
toyner34 wrote:
ive got a scrap and its an amazing all round bike! lil heavy in the trails but good on the jumps and also fun in the streets
ah ha haha ha ha aha ha hahaha.

Riiiight.tup

Honestly, the geometry on kona's hardtails is horrible.
Look into a giant stp, a specialized p series, norco 125/250, or something like that.

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 15:49 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
toyner34 wrote:
ah ha haha ha ha aha ha hahaha.

Riiiight.tup

Honestly, the geometry on kona's hardtails is horrible.
Look into a giant stp, a specialized p series, norco 125/250, or something like that.

those bikes are a lil lighter but they will break way before a kona will !

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 11:29 Quote
f*cking ruhtard...

alright well if people are going to ignore the input of the one person who appears to actually know what they are talking about then w/e.
/unsub.

Have fun on your piece of shit bike.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011616
Mobile Version of Website