Ns Bikes: Trailmaster Rims. Feedback Thread.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Ns Bikes: Trailmaster Rims. Feedback Thread.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 at 20:43 Quote
Well the NS rims become available on CRC today.
To those of you trying them out please leave feedback here,

These rims are not cross laced which makes me concerned.

I will probably order a set within the next month.

Trailmaster type.

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 at 10:42 Quote
i want to know if they are strong enough??? like how do they compare to halo sas or mavic ex721???

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 15:44 Quote
Looking for info here too

Posted: Mar 20, 2010 at 18:39 Quote
I got mine sent to me yesterday, but i havent had a chance to ride it yet. but theyre sexy if i say so myself lol

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 10:38 Quote
i have ns fundamentals on my suburban and love em, i was skeptical with the no eyes and not being welded but they are light and absolutly stand up from all my abuse so far. since fundamentals are a bit below trailmaster, i think trailmaster obviously will be as good if not better

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 20:33 Quote
Post some pictures please.

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 16:12 Quote
yeah im kinda stuck between the mavic 721's and the trailmasters. the trailmasters look way cooler and are a bit lighter, but i know that 721's are strong, and im not sure how strong the trailmasters are.

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 20:55 Quote
you can cross lace them, the confusion is that you cant put the spoke on the left side of the hub and then tread it to the right side hole in the rim. Make sense?

Japan gets the rims faster than CRC

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 6:16 Quote
@dirtybike I look at your site often, A bit over priced but I will be ordering some parts from you soon Smile

Ns site says they are designed for standard lacing not cross lacing, so I wouldnt try and cross lace them I would build them to spec.
Also have you laced up a set of the rims yet? if so post a pic Smile

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 19:00 Quote
pricing yeah its hard to match CRC as we sell products to bike shops and they then mark it up, if I only sold direct I could sell at CRC prices but then the shops could not buy stuff,
To be honest CRC is responsible for killing a lot of the bike scene here (japan) and overseas, no local shop no local scene.

The rim works like most it can be laced three cross no problem, all the complete bikes from NS use the rims you can see they are three cross, just the rims have holes positioned on the left and right side of the rim like most rims these days.

That is what the meant by cross lacing, there english is not so good on explaining that.

Simply cross the spokes and BE CAREFUL to match the right side of the hub spokes to the right side rim holes thats all..

Hope that is of help

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 1:41 Quote
I understand fully on both accounts. thanks for the info on the rim. Much appreciated.

I also agree CRC is the Walmart of the bike industry.
I do support by LBS and prefer to order from him (he is a hell of a wrench)

But i also admit to ordering from CRC.

I want an NS analog but he cant get me one I might order one from your shop! Smile

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 19:51 Quote
the Walmart of the bike industry is a perfect fit,

I only have small size Analog bikes right now, what is your local bike shop?If you dont mind me asking?
Maybe they dont have a contract for NS Bikes.
Thanks Lets ride some time

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 at 1:41 Quote
I order just about everything from CRC, im in small town so 1 lbs here and is limited!

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 at 6:48 Quote
Small, yuk....

My LBS nakanishicycle.betoku.jp

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 at 11:08 Quote
anyways, im still wondering how the trailmasters rims are.

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018025
Mobile Version of Website