Powered by Outside

Not happy w/marz dj3

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Not happy w/marz dj3
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 14:54 Quote
have dj 3's on my khs.there oem but i think there way to soft for my liking. i weigh 180 and these things are just mushy. my lbs is trying to source a new firmer spring otherwise im going rigid.which rigid comes with disc break mounts?im having trouble getting the bike off the ground. have to preload the hell out of the fork.i want to ride street w/occasional dj'ing.any front wheel tricks get sloppy.help me out please.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 14:57 Quote
oldskoolrider wrote:
have dj 3's on my khs.there oem but i think there way to soft for my liking. i weigh 180 and these things are just mushy. my lbs is trying to source a new firmer spring otherwise im going rigid.which rigid comes with disc break mounts?im having trouble getting the bike off the ground. have to preload the hell out of the fork.i want to ride street w/occasional dj'ing.any front wheel tricks get sloppy.help me out please.
Yeah dj 3's are poop. Try like a dmr trailblade 2 if you want rigid. Do you have a 20 mill thru axle or QR?

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 15:23 Quote
Get the DJ1's. Mine feel like they might as well be rigid

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 15:55 Quote
THINK I MIGHT TRY THE RIGIDS. THE DMR'S AND SEE IF I LIKE IT.THEN IF NOT ILL BE SELLING SOME THINGS

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 16:15 Quote
the identiti rebate dirt comes with a disc mount and you'll be able to wack your wheel straight on there. best rigid imo i had the 1420 for a while before i had to rus sus forks with my wrist/shoulder injury. go identiti over dmr all the way

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
do the rigids all have similar specs?

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 16:24 Quote
erm they are kinda like frames.. they have a geometry. they vary in length and also offset of the wheel. obv also some are lighter and some are stronger but many will agree that the identiti are the best

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 17:02 Quote
looking into the rebate jumps. my lbs is a dealer for them so ill see what he thinks. really pissed that the dj3 isnt workin for me.Madder

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 17:17 Quote
Damn dj's are practically rigid. The fact you got it soft is just woah!

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 17:30 Quote
exactly! maybe cause its an oem that came with the bike.not sure.its fully preloaded.how hard is it to lower it to a 80mm?would that tighten it up some?its new so id just reuse the fluid in the left leg.actually whats in the left leg?

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 17:30 Quote
maybe i just have to diet more.lol

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 17:33 Quote
Haha either one. Oh well low quality fork= cant expect much.

EDIT : Actually nothing external adjustments on the fork apart from right leg. With Allen key and even that does f*ck all to the compression. maybe make it a little harder.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 17:36 Quote
buy a fox. you will never regret it and never go to another brand once u ride one Salute

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 17:41 Quote
as of right now im not sure if i want to spend some big money to still not be happy with a sus/fork.what does lowering the fork actually do.ex.. tighter,less preload/compression

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009898
Mobile Version of Website