Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Barrie Ont.

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Barrie Ont.
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 5:10 Quote
Hey guys, just figured i would start a Barrie thread seeing that there is no thread for it yet.tup

And one thing i have noticed is that there is very few riders in Barrie, so we might as well find out who each other are so rides arent so lonely haha

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:59 Quote
I want to ride the Barrie Skatepark so bad, but I can't come down this weekend, and next one is Thanksgiving...soon I will go, I just hope it's not cold.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 12:53 Quote
haha ya same issue here...and plus i need a new rim...i never ride that park but it always a decent time...lemme know when your going down, maybe if Im free i can join you lol

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 10:00 Quote
Could some one tell me where this Barrie skatepark is and where any other good places to ride that are near barrie.

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 20:31 Quote
I'm also from Barrie.
I don't usually ride at the skatepark, i'm more into xc/all mountain riding.
The skatepark is by the army base (I think that's what it is). If you're going down Dunlop st. from Central high school, going towards the downtown, there will be a pizza pizza on the main floor of a building on the left side (this is right after Central), take a left there and ride down the street (going north). You should see the skatepark on your left.

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 8:24 Quote
If your into street riding then the waterfront has some fun stuff to try to ride

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 10:51 Quote
The Skatepark is okay, but it gets boring pretty quick. Waterfront has some cool rocks and stuff if you can pull of some trial maneuvers. Other than that I found some crappy DJ out by Futureshop. But thats about all I've found? you guys have any cool secret spots?

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 19:05 Quote
i ride somtimes at the barrie sports complex...has some DJ...no flow tho

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 19:12 Quote
great to see im not the only barrie rider on pinkbike Big Grin ,

if anyone knows were mapleview church is (easiest landmark) its like a 5 minute drive from parkplace, once you go past it turn right and theirs a big forest, theirs a pretty good xc trail their with some okay jumps but its nothing spactacular,

if your into xc riding lackies bush is a great place, unless the cops are their since that murder, but if your coming from the entrance adjacent to innisdale ss and the rec center then just follow the widest path out of their and you will be in a big field, theirs a big big hill with like a 10 foot drop thats like 75 degrees and theirs a few good dj jumps their but thats right were the body parts of that girl were found so if you can stand the fact that you might run into a leg or something:P then thats a pretty good place

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 19:15 Quote
oh yeah in the south end on big bay point near the two schools theirs a macs milk, and across from it is a big open field with a big pile of dirt pretty much, theirs some cool dirt jumps their, but nothing great maybe a 4 foot gap, but their well built, and theirs some other cool stuff to check out too, and theirs some great places to do some trials if your into that stuff around that area.

oh and ha ha if anyone buys at bike zone don't you damn touch that devinci their thats so mine if i found out you bought it ill eat your head off and steal it back! lol Razz . but seriously i would cry if you bought it so plz don't Smile

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 10:36 Quote
Found another trail.

its not like drops and jumps and stuff but its a nice ride with tight fast corners.

its near downtown, when you pass the Superstore or whatever its called (big surplus grocery store) and go over some train tracks, then you should see a big grayish building with big pillars, continue across the lights then turn right after that building, theirs a paved path, turn right once you pass the gates, and theirs the trail.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
another good trail is up on the top of livingstone st. near the watertower there are good trails back in there that are part of the trans canada trail and the 9nile portage

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 18:06 Quote
anyone go to coulsons hill?

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
jeff-hurd wrote:

aye captian

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 21:52 Quote
manikrider27 wrote:
jeff-hurd wrote:

aye captian
its only like 25 mins away from me and its an alright place, nothing amazing though

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047876
Mobile Version of Website