Powered by Outside

Why aren't bikes allowed at skateparks?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Why aren't bikes allowed at skateparks?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 7:17 Quote
I live right near one of the nicest skateparks in my state and I cant ride my bike there (or any skateparks nearby for that matter) I never get a reasonable answer.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 7:30 Quote
SKATEparks. Thats why we have mountain bikes. So that we have options. We can ride elsewhere with them, not just in the city.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 7:38 Quote
They're not allowed, because skateboarders are so stuck-up!!! They're so naive, that they think just cuz it's called "SKATE"-park, they think it's only for "SKATERS"...!Madder

Thats why some cities to avoid this drama, they declair them "ROLLER-SPORT-PARKS"!!!Jailbreak

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 9:39 Quote
One reason is alot of parks get destroyed by bmx pegs

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 9:52 Quote
Get your buddies together and go ride in a group. mtb is more hard core anyway

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:25 Quote
bonzibryan wrote:
Get your buddies together and go ride in a group, if they mess with you start swinging your full face. Thats how it is here, territorial between skaters, bmx, and mtb. You have to fight for your right lol, know that sounds lame... any way thats just my thoughts it works to

thats the worst thing i have ever heard, i bike and skate and there is no reason both cant be done at the same place at the same time (not to mention bmx and mtb are the same god damn sport, when will people learn a bike is a bike and different disciplines are parts of the same thing)

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:29 Quote
yeah 'fight for your right' wow how getto is it where you live? you dosser! lol
but hey skateparks suck - go and shred the real country

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:36 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
but hey skateparks suck - go and shred the real country

agreed Beer

-RuSty

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:37 Quote
the reason skaters hate mtb and bmx so much is because they sometimes chip the park when you bail, tires can drag rocks and dirt into the park, and you cant exactly swing a bike around to defend yourself

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:42 Quote
I can give a decent asnswer to that........One, the metal pegs that bikers jam onto the coping, destroy it for skateboarding. Two- the debris your tires brings into the park makes it unsafe for skateboarders. Think about the wheels- bikes are big, skaters have small hard urethane wheels. And the big 3rd is that skaters have completely different lines. Four (and its weak) bikes move faster around the park with no noise, skaters wheels make noise, therefore you can judge where the other person is going. Colliding with a bike is no fun- I've had it happen several times, and everyone sends me home. Personally, if you get to the skatepark before most lazy skaters, then you should ride, but if a group of skaters show up- you should just move to the next spot. And just don't damage the ledges and coping and everyone will flow.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 13:05 Quote
Well bikes are bigger, especially MTBs, so smaller kids on skateboards could potentially get hurt.... the thin gis though, most bikers session the park smarter than the skaters do.

Something stupid in my local park was at onepoint they didn't let MTBs in..only the BMXs. I just found that kinda dumb. Yeah an MTB is bigger, but most of them have brakes Razz

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 13:53 Quote
Why does everyone blame the skaters? What the hell did they do?

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 16:26 Quote
I believe alot has to do with insurance, and if you build the park right with coping you shouldn't be able to rip it up. Plus when plegs come out that problem no longer exists.

Plus there is no real skater vs bikers mentality anymore, at least at my park. We all get along. Although I hate it when a idiot with a huge fully comes and throws dirt all over the park and snakes everyone in sight.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 17:19 Quote
there are too many people that dont respect each other, from both the biking community and the skateboarding community. alot of the problems are created when the bikes come into the parks so naturally the owner eliminates bikes and solves the problem.

go in the early hours of the day when no one is there yet/

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011615
Mobile Version of Website