What is the BEST knee/shin pads to get?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What is the BEST knee/shin pads to get?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 6:54 Quote
HI, last summer I bought a pair of 661 knee pads RaceLite but they keep on going down while pedaling. Now I want to invest a bunch of cash to get the best one out there!! I did a search and still not convinced...
Apparantly the one with a pivot are pretty good like Axo or Fox Raptor knee/shin but what do you guys recommend?? I was also thinking about buying the 661 Race? What do you think??

Thank you,
PAT

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 10:31 Quote
race face rally FR, best pads out there. ive had the same set for 2 seasons and there still holding strong.

http://www.raceface.com/apparel/armour/Rally-FR/

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 10:36 Quote
Roach shin/kneepads

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:27 Quote
What about the TLD Lopes?? They seem pretty good...

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:33 Quote
i have the THE storm and they are the best ones i ve ever tried, they don't slide or move at all, once i put them on i forget that i even have them on, i let my friends try them and everybody loved them, now its 5 of us with the same pads, Beyondbikes.com sells them and here is the link to THE webpage http://www.the-industries.com/products/clothing_accessories/tksg-01.html

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:34 Quote
Dainese, probaly some of the best quality pads out there. And they know what they're doing since they are the one of the leaders in motorbike protection.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:35 Quote
i have the oneal knee and shins and they are by far the best i have ever used. they dont slip and allow movement

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:41 Quote
I hated the Fox Launch.

I LOVE Troy Lee Combats.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:49 Quote
my roach rally fr (identical to raceface, they bought roach) always slipped down when riding and crashing, and the tops of both my knees are covered in scars. also the straps on the roaches ALWAYS irritated the back of my knees. i asked every rider on the lifts in whistler for 3 weeks about a kneepad that won't slip down. the lopes got nice reviews, but a guy in the shop said that cause the kneecap just velcros onto the kneesock it can come undone in a heavy crash, also the shin isn't very long on the lopes. i just got kneeshins from T.H.E. and they absolutely don't slip down AT ALL. the only drawback is you must remove your shoes to put them on, they don't strap on. they have less side-of-the-knee padding than the roaches, but are way more comfortable and no more sore kneecaps. another friend of mine swears by the fox (launch? not sure) pads with the clip on system for the straps for all the same reasons.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 12:03 Quote
i tried a bunch of different brands and wasnt happy with any until i got the FOX LAUNCH which i've had for 1 year now. they are so easy to get on and off and I have never had them slip down in a crash. the only draw back is they dont cover the sides of your shins very well.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031558
Mobile Version of Website