2011 Specialized Demo / Bikes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2011 Specialized Demo / Bikes
Posted: Sep 12, 2010 at 21:01 Quote
Jamieep wrote:
anyone considered the full build weight.. boxxer world cups are lighter than 40s.

+1

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 11:31 Quote
Really fancy the flo yellow frame option, typical Specialized UK for not bringing it in! Does anyone from the US or Canada have a retailer they could recommend? Might try and get one mail order, if thats possible, had quite a few bikes shipped from a store in California I know but they don't do Specialized. Can anyone over the pond help???

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 11:47 Quote
ollyforster wrote:
Really fancy the flo yellow frame option, typical Specialized UK for not bringing it in! Does anyone from the US or Canada have a retailer they could recommend? Might try and get one mail order, if thats possible, had quite a few bikes shipped from a store in California I know but they don't do Specialized. Can anyone over the pond help???

Whats the import tax on that buddy??

I want a new Demo but I don't like the White/Red with matching forks....eeeeuuuurrgh!

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 11:58 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
ollyforster wrote:

Whats the import tax on that buddy??

I want a new Demo but I don't like the White/Red with matching forks....eeeeuuuurrgh!
you will have to speak to the importers as you will not be able to ship it of most websites as it will break dealer and importer contracts but if you can definatly send the link if you can

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 12:00 Quote
ahhh dear the dates been moved back for the import aswell to the 28th of october bad times ! im trying to think how to improve on this years demo ! only thing really if ti shock anyone think of anything else ?

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 12:02 Quote
joshwatsits wrote:
ahhh dear the dates been moved back for the import aswell to the 28th of october bad times ! im trying to think how to improve on this years demo ! only thing really if ti shock anyone think of anything else ?
Ti bolts and mounts?? Cane Creek angle headset, slacken it a bit??

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 12:37 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
joshwatsits wrote:
what slacken from 63 degree ill be on the floor Smile ahh dear maybe new wheels ?

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 12:51 Quote
joshwatsits wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
joshwatsits wrote:
what slacken from 63 degree ill be on the floor Smile ahh dear maybe new wheels ?
Crank Bros Iodine would be nice, I thought the Demo was 64 degrees as standard, 63 would be my limit, would this in theory lengthen the wheelbase and lower the BB height??

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 0:22 Quote
Import tax is pot luck having bikes and parts shipped to the UK. Royal Mail check 1 in 4 items that arrive and charge accordingly, never order anything substancial without phoning up the store before. Pay with paypal or a good Visa. The big issue is how the item is declared to the goons on this side of the ocean. I usually request items to be listed as a gift, but this used to limit USPS insurance to $500, which can be tricky if you loose your $2500 frame, but paypal can help you out there. It is a little gamble but I buy pretty much everything from the states, its just cheaper and the stores more professional. Finding a Specialized store that will have the frame and be glad to ship it to the Uk is the other problem, your not even meant to ship Specialized bikes in the Uk, but everyone does when threatened with losing a sale. Its just very disapointing that SpecialIzed UK were so narrow minded as to not bring both colour schemes in this country.

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 11:31 Quote
joshwatsits wrote:

I presume you mean Ti spring.. WHat about double barrel shock.. new chain device, new wheel set, new bars, stem, pedals. lighter saddle, new tryes, red brake hoses, red chainring, red chainring bolts,.. Theres quite alot to change to make it P.I.M.P.

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 11:47 Quote
Jamieep wrote:
joshwatsits wrote:

I presume you mean Ti spring.. WHat about double barrel shock.. new chain device, new wheel set, new bars, stem, pedals. lighter saddle, new tryes, red brake hoses, red chainring, red chainring bolts,.. Theres quite alot to change to make it P.I.M.P.
yeah i just cba putting the effort of putting a capital andand i suppose but geniunly theres no epic fail apart from the tyres and wheels but even then its not that bad

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
the tyres are great, prefer them over the high rollers ive just put on

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 at 5:54 Quote
photo

Here's mine just landed.... but the shop still need it for display until next week. we got a big event coming this weekend. The Monster energy team are racing on the track we build.... against riders from our region. we also got Vanderham and Shaun oconnor racing. Will let you know how it rides in 2 weeks time. Cheers

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
Woahh, That looks mint! Mine isn't gonna arrive for another couple of weeks.. Can't wait.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014327
Mobile Version of Website