Powered by Outside

post you Blur 4X

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
post you Blur 4X
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 2:27 Quote
Turboute wrote:
Rissole I’m in Gladstone few hrs north of you. Mine rides alright for what it is.

Nice riding up there I've heard?. Bit hot this time of year..

I'd say there's a few syndicate 4x getting around, should have been at least 2 per race year although I'm not sure how many years the big renndawg raced them for(or how many of them he sold off). Yours looks newer than my old beater. Mine has bigger gusset plating on the toptube/downtube like the prototypes had, also I dunno if it's origonal but still got the old 5th element air / dtswiss huggies and pike sl.

As for riding it,
The geo on these were ahead of there time imo. I've found You don't really need more than 100-120mm of travel for 90%of the trails around SE QLD and with alot of tracks being more flowy just like 4x tracks were in there hayday it makes the 4x almost perfect for todays riding.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 23:35 Quote
Here's my Blur 4X project almost finished:
Well here s a thing that s finally almost done now...

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 16:57 Quote
Anyone have any tips for getting the lower link free from the front and rear end?
I've taken the axle out but it won't come apart Confused

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 1:19 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Anyone have any tips for getting the lower link free from the front and rear end?
I've taken the axle out but it won't come apart Confused

A hammer and a punch should work.

I guess I forgot to post my finished Blur 4X project on here:
Inaugural ride on the new hotness. Bike feels like I remember Blur 4Xs feeling. Light and snappy. Just over 26 lbs without anything ultra light except the Enve bars and carbon railed saddle. G2 RSC 4-piston brakes with a 140 rotor out back and 180 up front Turbine cranks with a 28t Wolf Tooth ring Burgtec Penthouse Mk.4 pedals Flow rims on SRAM 900 hubs Deity Copperhead stem...

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 2:54 Quote
Got it, thanks!

Love the old school(mid school?) touches with the burgtecs and Thomson post will be doing the same on my build.
How much travel are you running?

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
That's the most beautiful bike I've seen in a LONG time

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Got it, thanks!

Love the old school(mid school?) touches with the burgtecs and Thomson post will be doing the same on my build.
How much travel are you running?

100 front, 110 rear (stock).

nojzilla wrote:
That's the most beautiful bike I've seen in a LONG time

Well thank you kindly. I spent a lot of time and money getting it just how I wanted it. New paint, new reproduction decals, new bearings and pivot hardware, new dropout, and all new components.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
Yeah, I'll likely run the same though id be interested in running less front and rear

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Yeah, I'll likely run the same though id be interested in running less front and rear

Less travel? I already kind of regret only going with 100 in the front. I think 120 would suit it better for more all around use.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
I get that.
Supposedly a very capable trail ripper with a little more travel upfront but for the next while I'll mainly be riding around the streets and thought a little less would be fun Cool
Also, I don't like how much stroke is left under full compression and the rear tire and frame brace is not that close to making contact afaik.

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
seraph wrote:
Here's my Blur 4X project almost finished:
Well here s a thing that s finally almost done now...
how does it ride, I rode mine a while back but the suspension is in real need of a service, do you ride it much?

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
I've ridden it a few times now. I put a brand new shock on the back so it feels good. Rides like VPP1, stiff until you need it.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
Does anyone know where I can get a lower linkage from please I can’t find one anywhere?

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
stin125 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a lower linkage from please I can’t find one anywhere?

Santa Cruz is out of stock. I would look for used Blur XC frames.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013234
Mobile Version of Website