2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo setup help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo setup help
Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 14:54 Quote
Hinall , can enyone tell me how may clicks each knob have
Some people says gold one has 25 some 12
Thanks

Posted: Oct 26, 2013 at 11:37 Quote
Greetings fellow ridersSmile I had a leak from the top rebound side (where the catridge is), So, I decided to give it a service at home. Did follow the CRC service guide on youtube but I had to change plans from a full service to just changing the oil and the o-ring for the cartridge because I can't get the below nut out as it keeps turning and wont come off. So, I replaced the oil and assembled the rest as from the instructions (youtube). Was about to celebrate my accomplishment only to find out that I can't turn the rebound knobFacepalm I have totally hit a wall because I can't get it turning/tuned.

I am in a dilemma right now because I have to get it done in two weeks as there is a race then. I need your expertise as I can't look elsewhere for help.

Posted: Jan 14, 2014 at 4:27 Quote
I've got the 2011 888 rc3 evo ti just installed the xfirm spring replaced oil installed updated volume adj plate and bigger o ring.when doing the cc adjuster side 320 spring side 175. The key step on the adj side tighten the cap up with the vol adj backed off have the lower foot nut just loose enough to expel the negative air pull the leg all the way up (fork upside down) and tighten foot nut. No negative air and ramp up is good. I'm270 and fork feels pphenomenal. I used 10w

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 5:56 Quote
^ going to follow your steps precisely. those of you who have changed the spring, how do you change the spring seat in the ti forks when adding a steel spring?

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 18:43 Quote
Pull out the spring use needle nose pliers and twist while turning and it will come out then push it onto the new spring

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 21:03 Quote
i use the same spring seat? just have to take it out like you said and put it in the new spring? that sounds easy enough. thank you for the help!

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 22:13 Quote
No problem

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 14:08 Quote
chuk2rs wrote:
I just got my EVO this week. I'm 220lb myself. I'm waiting on my heavy spring. They added 100 cc of fluid to tide me over in the mean time. I too am looking for tuning tips. Right now, I have the compression at 9 clicks from open, and rebound at 7 clicks from open. Preload is maxed out, and the Volume adjust i just play with. I must say I like the fork a lot. Way stiffer than my 09 boxxer team. But I need the heavier spring before I make any real opinion.

Where did you order your spring from? I need a firmer spring for mine but I cannot find one that's not on back order and the only one I did find was on PB but the guy wouldn't ship to USA, go figure lol.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 14:58 Quote
Dblada118 wrote:
chuk2rs wrote:
I just got my EVO this week. I'm 220lb myself. I'm waiting on my heavy spring. They added 100 cc of fluid to tide me over in the mean time. I too am looking for tuning tips. Right now, I have the compression at 9 clicks from open, and rebound at 7 clicks from open. Preload is maxed out, and the Volume adjust i just play with. I must say I like the fork a lot. Way stiffer than my 09 boxxer team. But I need the heavier spring before I make any real opinion.

Where did you order your spring from? I need a firmer spring for mine but I cannot find one that's not on back order and the only one I did find was on PB but the guy wouldn't ship to USA, go figure lol.

Contact marzocchi direct. Marzocchi Canada where pretty customer friendly when i needed heavyer spring and tune.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 19:13 Quote
Awesome thanks man! Did you contact threw email or phone?

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 5:21 Quote
Dblada118 wrote:

Phone is always faster.

Marzocchi Canada
1450 Rupert Street - North Vancouver, BC V7J 1E9 - Canada - Canada
Phone: +1 604 986 3675 - Fax: +1 604 986 3675
E-mail: naze@marzocchicanada.com

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 5:30 Quote
Dblada118 wrote:

Try this first

MARZOCCHI USA
28476 Westinghouse Pl. - Valencia, CA 91355
Phone: +1 661-964-1102
Fax: +1 661-257-6636
E-mail: marzmail@marzocchiusa.com

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 6:59 Quote
put the xtra heavy spring in my fork now the spring side is leaking at the cap very slowly, anyone know what i did?

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 12:02 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
put the xtra heavy spring in my fork now the spring side is leaking at the cap very slowly, anyone know what i did?
maybe one of the o rings is damaged?

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 12:17 Quote
no i dug a little deeper and it appeared to be weeping from the c-clamp underneath the cap. i wiped everything down and went for a ride and it now appears to be fine. im guessing/hoping it was just residual oil from when i had it apart. i will be taking it to my not so local bike shop tomorrow for an oil change and check up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011234
Mobile Version of Website