Powered by Outside

Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 2:28 Quote
jimbo33000 wrote:
Jeez...I'm on a more strict diet than I had figured Razz I'm pescatarian (only meat I eat is fish). I only really eat fish when i go to a nice restaurant though. Everybody says "meat, meat, meat, protien, protien, protien!" when trying to build muscle (I know you guys are talking about fat....I'll get to that) but you actually recover and digest faster by eating lots of fruits and vegetables. The amino acids are digested and used much faster than complex protiens. As for fat, cutting out meat (for the most part...If you dont want to go all the way) is a huge deal. I eat about 5-6000 calories a day, yet remain at 5-6% body fat. The more water you drink, fruits and vegetables you eat, and miles you ride, you will notice a fast and dramatic change it body fat and muscle mass.

Find out your caloric intake needed to maintain youre body weight at the current amount of activity you are doing (about 5200 for me) and then decrease that amount by a certain percentage to lose the weight. Also, look into "carb cycling" and if your sweating a lot try to get a hold of your sodium intake.

Meat of course should be cut out completely as it contains more bad properties than good especially with all the antibiotics and hormones they feed the animals! If you must have meat eat only chicken breast and look for organic. I do not rely on the chicken for my protein rather the shakes. If you readup on living fuel brand proteins they are made from veggies not milk like whey!

So in summary I totally agree with you other than the fish. Fish contains large amounts of mercury even non-farmed fish so try to reduce fish intake.

Cheers to a healthy lifestyle Smile

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 3:09 Quote
never-stop wrote:
chicken shakes?? Confused

lol no living fuel protein shakes silly!

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 4:03 Quote
what i really want is a smoothie maker that can blend ice to, id drink it all the time

maybe even in my water bottle? Razz

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 7:34 Quote
never-stop wrote:
what i really want is a smoothie maker that can blend ice to, id drink it all the time

Search for MX1000XTX in google.

S

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 7:48 Quote
I just had a large big tasty meal and a mcflurry for lunch. drunk a powerade, then had an oats and raisins cookie, and then rode 30 miles. fuuuuu.

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 8:03 Quote
You guys are all still pretty young. When I was your age I didn't give 2 shits what I ate or drank but once I hit around 32 I started seeing and feeling it so I had a choice. 1. Keep this lifestyle up and become a 300lb tub-o-lard or 2. start a healthy lifestyle.

Only thing was I chose 2 but now all my extra funds are routed to bike parts lol

So get rich but die young or a long middleclass life.

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 8:19 Quote
Svard75 wrote:
jimbo33000 wrote:
Jeez...I'm on a more strict diet than I had figured Razz I'm pescatarian (only meat I eat is fish). I only really eat fish when i go to a nice restaurant though. Everybody says "meat, meat, meat, protien, protien, protien!" when trying to build muscle (I know you guys are talking about fat....I'll get to that) but you actually recover and digest faster by eating lots of fruits and vegetables. The amino acids are digested and used much faster than complex protiens. As for fat, cutting out meat (for the most part...If you dont want to go all the way) is a huge deal. I eat about 5-6000 calories a day, yet remain at 5-6% body fat. The more water you drink, fruits and vegetables you eat, and miles you ride, you will notice a fast and dramatic change it body fat and muscle mass.

Find out your caloric intake needed to maintain youre body weight at the current amount of activity you are doing (about 5200 for me) and then decrease that amount by a certain percentage to lose the weight. Also, look into "carb cycling" and if your sweating a lot try to get a hold of your sodium intake.

Meat of course should be cut out completely as it contains more bad properties than good especially with all the antibiotics and hormones they feed the animals! If you must have meat eat only chicken breast and look for organic. I do not rely on the chicken for my protein rather the shakes. If you readup on living fuel brand proteins they are made from veggies not milk like whey!

So in summary I totally agree with you other than the fish. Fish contains large amounts of mercury even non-farmed fish so try to reduce fish intake.

Like I said, I only eat fish on rare occasions. Actually, many of my meals are vegan. But i stay far clear of chicken. There are absolutely no laws regarding hormones etc. (in the US anyway) they can make them grow 7 wings if they want, and 99% of chicken meat is contaminated with fecal matter. So finding good chicken in the US isnt impossible, but it is very tough.

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 8:26 Quote
never-stop wrote:

blendtech.

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 8:28 Quote
DialedSuburban wrote:

blendtech.

Wow, they're only £439 for their blenders!!Rolleyes Eek lol Whip Jail

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 9:47 Quote
jimbo33000 wrote:
Svard75 wrote:
jimbo33000 wrote:

Like I said, I only eat fish on rare occasions. Actually, many of my meals are vegan. But i stay far clear of chicken. There are absolutely no laws regarding hormones etc. (in the US anyway) they can make them grow 7 wings if they want, and 99% of chicken meat is contaminated with fecal matter. So finding good chicken in the US isnt impossible, but it is very tough.

Unfortunately I agree with you. Chicken is bad but if you go with organic (Freerange and look for the FDA stamp) there are strict rules the farmer must abide by when using that label so it's the best you can get unless you know a local small chicken farmer and buy off them.

All in all if you look at what most people eat today vs just switching to a more balanced diet with lower fats and more various coloured veggies and friuts, the chicken factor becomes less of a highlight compared to someone who just ate a BIG meal a mcflurry, cookie and gatorade lol.

Baby steps for 90% of the people Smile

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 10:26 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
DialedSuburban wrote:

blendtech.

Wow, they're only £439 for their blenders!!Rolleyes Eek lol Whip Jail

but cmon man, you can blend iphones and make homemade flour and snow. pree bitchin

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 10:43 Quote
Svard75 wrote:
You guys are all still pretty young. When I was your age I didn't give 2 shits what I ate or drank but once I hit around 32 I started seeing and feeling it so I had a choice. 1. Keep this lifestyle up and become a 300lb tub-o-lard or 2. start a healthy lifestyle.

yeah i'm only 20 now (only just) so i may as well enjoy it while my body lets me

anyway i got a question, i just got a new tube at my lbs but just realised its a 18c to 20c but the tyre is 25c (not sure why they did that) anyway i put it in but the tyre was bobbling about like when the tubes not in properly, i made it a bit smoother but its still not in place, usuall just deflate and repump and it settles in fine, not this time

i think the tube is to small, am i guessing right?

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 10:54 Quote
never-stop wrote:
Svard75 wrote:

yeah i'm only 20 now (only just) so i may as well enjoy it while my body lets me

anyway i got a question, i just got a new tube at my lbs but just realised its a 18c to 20c but the tyre is 25c (not sure why they did that) anyway i put it in but the tyre was bobbling about like when the tubes not in properly, i made it a bit smoother but its still not in place, usuall just deflate and repump and it settles in fine, not this time

i think the tube is to small, am i guessing right?

Whaddya mean bobbling? Like the actual tire is moving around? Inflate the tube more. I ran a 23-25c tube in a 32c tire for about 3 months and it's still good.

S

EDIT: You sure it's a 700c not a 650c?

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 11:00 Quote
guess you have to see it to get what i mean, like when the tube is twisted or something, when you spin the wheel it looks buckled but its the tyre not the rim

i have a 23-28c tyre in my 32c tyre to, but maybe different with a smaller tube, it is pretty skinny

Edit: yeah its 700c, just not 25c

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012711
Mobile Version of Website