Powered by Outside

Post Your Pumptrack! + Discussion

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Post Your Pumptrack! + Discussion
Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 12:33 Quote
looks super tight - i just surfaced mine and its riding like a dream - pics coming soon!!!

lurchh wrote:
Nearly done my pumptrack now, just needs a bit of tweaking and then gravel. The green things are raised beds for growing vegtables.
Side view of roll-in:
Roll-in for the pumptrack

Nearly done now...

Need to shift all that crap...
Nearly done now...

Roll-in:
Roll-in for the pumptrack

Nearly done now...

Nearly done now...

Nearly done now...

Nearly done now...

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 13:33 Quote
Yeah it is! It means you can rip around the berms though. Might have to get a bmx so it's easier. I'm getting it gravelled so it can be ridden in all weathers. Look forward to the picsBig Grin

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 13:36 Quote
lurchh wrote:
Yeah it is! It means you can rip around the berms though. Might have to get a bmx so it's easier. I'm getting it gravelled so it can be ridden in all weathers. Look forward to the picsBig Grin

no, just build it properly to the right height and so it flows, nothing to do with the bike, all to do with the builder

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 13:41 Quote
Yeah i've been riding it on my Nukeproof Mega which is a bit of a chore but it can be done. I was just thinking a bmx might be good for learning on because they're more forgiving than a 26"

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 13:44 Quote
no, they are just different, a 26 is way more forgiving. but you use both completely differently, just built the track properly for your bike

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 13:52 Quote
I like to BMX, get one and have it all!

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 14:15 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
lurchh wrote:

no, just build it properly to the right height and so it flows, nothing to do with the bike, all to do with the builder

agreed - mines tight and at first i bmxed on the track but now the 26er on it is super sick!

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 3:48 Quote
Mine does flow better on bmx but the mtb is alot more fun !

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 8:04 Quote
like this~!
James-Carey wrote:
no, they are just different, a 26 is way more forgiving. but you use both completely differently, just built the track properly for your bike

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 11:17 Quote
IT IS FINISHED!

Final Surfacing On - just some landscaping to be done now.

Here is my multi lined figure of 8 inspired backyard pumptrack!

Features 2 x sets of doubles - 1 x pump hump - 1 x step up hump and 2 berms

I love it and ill put a mini edit of it together in the next few days and a link to my blog which this pumptrack is part of in my plans for 2012!

manualing

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 11:21 Quote
I've never built a pumptrack before, but it looks like you will loose speed quite easily. Everything just seems to flat and spaced out. Goood job though!

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 12:57 Quote
nice! look forward to a vid , see how it rolls and how many lines you can find!

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 13:42 Quote
Awesome! How does the gravel roll? Is it rideable in the wet?

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 13:48 Quote
lurchh wrote:
Awesome! How does the gravel roll? Is it rideable in the wet?

Its limestone phosphate - the same material used at all UK outdoor BMX tracks - it is rideable in the wet but i have built it for just chilling out in the sun with really

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 15:17 Quote
Ok thanks. Now all you need is a BBQ in the middle! tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019067
Mobile Version of Website