Powered by Outside

Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
thats the last shop i went too, the guy who wanted to help. he was super nice and had every part i needed with the exception of the post, i go there for anything i need now even though its a little out of my way. im not going to name drop because the forum wont let me

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
Well its been close to a year since they "ordered" my e13 chainguide parts and my friends DX pin kit lol... An employee that works at the shop has also waited 2 months to get his 29er wheels in. Supposed to be his Christmas gift to his dad but they have yet to come in.

Universalcycles also has them in stock and ships out the next day. If they don't know where they are, I'll pay the extra bit and just order them online.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK. MY HOOPS CAME IN TODAY Smile

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
how about two weeks after you buy a 4500 dollar bike you take the bike in and they charge you 80 bucks to have your derailer hanger straitend and spokes tightend

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
barker26 wrote:
how about two weeks after you buy a 4500 dollar bike you take the bike in and they charge you 80 bucks to have your derailer hanger straitend and spokes tightend

You definetely got jipped... Im pretty sure a new derailleur hanger costs less then that and it took like 10 second to tighten the spoke

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
barker26 wrote:

so they are thifs!!!!! when i got my new bike which only cost 2000, i got a free liftime technical repairs like mech repaires flat tires brakes repaires(not bleed ) spokes tightning but only for first year and alot more

you should went to a diffrent store cuz my lbs only charge 20 bucks for spokes tightning and 5 for hanger. even if you didnt buy a bike from them

any new wheel need to be tightend after a week or 2 !!

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
i live in upstate new york and honestly iv yet to find a good shop. there one really popular shop in my area run by a guy who has his nose so far in the air im surprised he can get in his front door. he obviously dislikes the free ride crowed and way over charges for everything. the people he hires are the type that think they know more than anyone else. i encountered an issue with the seat post size on my king fisher, i bought the frame and didn't know what size post i needed. i took it there and the guy didn't even bother to help me,he told me i would have to tell him the size and he would check his inventory, thanks a bunch. i went to the next shop, very nice people, more reasonable prices- but nothing in stock as far as any parts i ever need. they didn't deal in gary fisher so they told me to try a fisher dealer. i found one in the phone book and decided to call first, i asked the person who picked up if he could figure out the size for me, he laughed out loud on the phone and in a sarcastic tone replies, well did you expect me to have just randomly measured a king fisher post before? maybe if you brought it in i could help you. with a response like that i think ill take my business elsewhere. i took off for the next closest fisher dealer, prices were a little high but the guy was the first one nice enough to pretend to want to help me. he checked the web sight, but even i could have done that. he then was going to call fisher but told me he lost the phone number. he tried a few different posts but none worked. eventually i looked through them and found one close enough i could make a shim. four shops and none had a clue how to help me. ever hear of a post measuring tool? i guess they didn't have one in there tool collection, iv learned to not rely on shops for anything now

I think you should understand something... shop owner dont care about freeride or even downhill this is not where the cash is. They dont care to give you shitty answer because your not one those guy who'll buy a carbon seatpost of 200$. and you can see it even more if your young.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
chasefreeride37 wrote:
Well its been close to a year since they "ordered" my e13 chainguide parts and my friends DX pin kit lol... An employee that works at the shop has also waited 2 months to get his 29er wheels in. Supposed to be his Christmas gift to his dad but they have yet to come in.

Universalcycles also has them in stock and ships out the next day. If they don't know where they are, I'll pay the extra bit and just order them online.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK. MY HOOPS CAME IN TODAY Smile

i need new bearings for my rear hub i ordered them in august and every time i call in they tell me that there not in stock and that they will call me the next day its been two months since the last time i called and no phone call thats what i call awesome customer service Pimp

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
probably because your certain bearings are not cost effective. bassically they are loosing money to get you your bearings and will wait for a bigger order. Some shops will however order if you agree to pay shipping.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
it's a kind of easy to judge...

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 21:47 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
When its been over a month and I have yet to get my 823 hoops in.
That's ok, i ordered a replacement rim for my deemax at the begining of october, and I just got it on friday. I can't blame my not-so-lbs though, they went above and beyond for me. One of the guys even took it home with him overnight to build it, just so I could get it ASAP. Plus, they gave me a $70 discount in the end for all the waiting. Cool guys for sure.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
the guys at my lbs blew out my shock and stalled for 4 months telling me everyday that they had ordered a new one and it was on its way yet they never called. it took 4 months and some face to face chats with the owner to get my bike back with a new shock

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
my shop always tries to rip me of like selling a $15 xc ruber for $60 and teling me its for dh so i just check the flyers that they order from and compare the price at some other shops then go back to the shop and ask them to beet the price if i found a lower one. but if they dont i just order a bunch of stuff and never pic it up just to get on their nerves
p.s. i think they hate me now cuz i did that so much!

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:28 Quote
kingfisher1 wrote:
i hate when my threads get lock for no real reason Madder

i just made a thread about mono ti 6 vs magura gustav m which got locket after 2 seconds!!!!

there reason was not enough details which is a weird lay, cuz there was all the details you can think about !!

ho and ya the second reason was that pink bike users dont know what they recommend about !!!!!!!!

"each user will recommend is own brake" but come on isnt it on anything in life??????????????????

no, that wasnt ALL of it. That has been addressed on the forums MANY times, and you decided NOT to search before you posted a question. Had you done ANYTHING for yourself, it wouldnt have been locked. Dont whine about Laurie, shes one of the reasons this site is good.

Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035259
Mobile Version of Website