Powered by Outside

2012 Kona Entourage Forum!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Entourage Forum!
Posted: Aug 24, 2012 at 12:41 Quote
You guys rippin up parks with these bikes? Im in the market for a new bike (I do a lot of shuttles / ride Highland MTB park) and i am gonna sell my old '10 Gambler.

Just curious as to how well the Entourage has been serving you in similar settings? Bike seriously has me drooling.

Cheers

Posted: Aug 24, 2012 at 16:34 Quote
binx13 wrote:
You guys rippin up parks with these bikes? Im in the market for a new bike (I do a lot of shuttles / ride Highland MTB park) and i am gonna sell my old '10 Gambler.

Just curious as to how well the Entourage has been serving you in similar settings? Bike seriously has me drooling.

Cheers
Will let you know on the 12-16th of sept when I am up in whistler. But from riding around here, its pretty well made for the bike park. It rides a lot like the 09 stinky I used to have, but is a bit lighter, more whippy and corners a lot better.

Posted: Sep 3, 2012 at 17:34 Quote
photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Finally done (except pedals)...RaceFace, Cane Creek, Totem Coil, Chris King...still pondering if I want to go all XO or not...comes down to how much OT I want to work, as usual. Must admit I bit the style of KonaTrevor with the Chromag saddle, just went with the leather instead of the brown trailmaster.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2012 at 17:40 Quote
OHMYGOD!BEE-U-TEEE-FULL

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2012 at 23:21 Quote
I am considering one myself, besides DH how else does it perform?

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 10:03 Quote
My last ride on mine... podium-worth run, but I screwed it in the last meters.
Views: 1,630    Faves: 2    Comments: 0

Posted: Sep 5, 2012 at 11:11 Quote
balog wrote:

That run was straight up bad ass! Big props man, brushing off that tree like it was nothing lol rock on!

Posted: Sep 11, 2012 at 14:15 Quote
Entourage + Whistler tomorrow. Gonna be interesting to see how it does. Wasn't too impressive with the Xfusion air shock on the back on the local DH trail on Saturday, but it was bumpy as heck and blown all to heck. Looking forward to hitting some proper jumps with it.

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 at 9:46 Quote
balog wrote:

Here go some pictures of that day:
By Rog rio Ximiti
By Rog rio Ximiti

More here
http://balog.pinkbike.com/album/Freeride-Freak-2012/

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 at 14:31 Quote
sortafast wrote:
Entourage + Whistler tomorrow. Gonna be interesting to see how it does. Wasn't too impressive with the Xfusion air shock on the back on the local DH trail on Saturday, but it was bumpy as heck and blown all to heck. Looking forward to hitting some proper jumps with it.

Curious how it went...let me know.

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 at 0:30 Quote
Je3Re3My wrote:
sortafast wrote:

Curious how it went...let me know.

It did ok. But Whistler was blown apart. There wasn't a trail up there that didn't have huge holes or near continuous brake bumps the whole length. I am fricken beat. 4 strait days in the park beat me up. I will say that it did ok on all the chatter, but I really wish I would have brought the boxxer along for the ride. Would have been a way better match to the bumps, but then I couldn't throw and X off the boner log in the bone yard. Big Grin

Over all it did all right. Not convinced on the rear air shock for super bumpy terrain, nor the totem up front. I found it really hard to find the sweet spot on the rear shock for the air spring. But the Vector did great and I never felt it bottom. The bike jumps like mad and is easy to get into the air, and cornering was a blast. But really it was the wrong tool for the job. If the trails were a bit smoother (like lower crank it up was once they opened it) it would have been amazing I think. But with a boxxer on the front and a coil on the back I think it would have been 10x better. But even my friends on full on DH bikes where complaining about hardly being able to hold on to their bikes, I don't think anything would have really helped. On the tech stuff it held its on. The single crown was a bit twitchy, but the bike never complained And I was able to pin a few sections pretty well. Over all its a solid design that just plain works, and worked well for the 4 day I put on it. Now its time to sleep in my own bed and hope I can get out of it in the AM.

Posted: Oct 9, 2012 at 13:39 Quote
Kona Entourage - stage one
Stage one of my new Kona Entourage Wink

Posted: Oct 9, 2012 at 21:27 Quote
nopainnogame wrote:
Stage one of my new Kona Entourage Wink

Just curious what other things you have planned for your ride. Really dig the blood red components so far.

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 3:46 Quote
Hey entourage owners ... i'm thinking about buy an entourage ( 2012 ) soon , there is a lot of discount nowadays !

I'm 1.85 M ... about 6"1 . And the main question is M or L size Confused

Some advices ? Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028304
Mobile Version of Website