pinkbike going to the dogs?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
pinkbike going to the dogs?
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
If you dont like it either strive to make it better with every post you make, or dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Mods do not determine the quality of the site, the users do.

We are just here to pick up after the simpletons.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
hey i like pinkbike, i think its pretty useful source for all kinds of biking info, someone else said they dont like it

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 10:35 Quote
chomers wrote:
bigquoteshey make me a mod- ill hep to clean up pinkbike- hell im on here everyday anywaay

Haha, have you guys read any of this. One of the main points the Mods tried to get across was, "don't ask to be a mod, we will come to you if you fit the position."

Chom,
i guess ima noob then- sorry mannn

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
dylaine420 wrote:
chomers wrote:
bigquoteshey make me a mod- ill hep to clean up pinkbike- hell im on here everyday anywaay

Haha, have you guys read any of this. One of the main points the Mods tried to get across was, "don't ask to be a mod, we will come to you if you fit the position."

Chom,
yea same here like were not asking to be mods were jsut saying we could be like geeze man i know my typing is not good enough to be a mod because when your a mod basically everything has to be perfect and i dont see the use in that im not getting marked on this why make it perfect so im jsut saying and so is dylaine420 is that we got the time to devote to being mods it was more a joke dont take it so seriousley...

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
hendu wrote:
dylaine420 wrote:
chomers wrote:

Chom,
yea same here like were not asking to be mods were jsut saying we could be like geeze man i know my typing is not good enough to be a mod because when your a mod basically everything has to be perfect and i dont see the use in that im not getting marked on this why make it perfect so im jsut saying and so is dylaine420 is that we got the time to devote to being mods it was more a joke dont take it so seriousley...
yeaa, what he said-- haha

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
I didn't mean to sound like a dick or anything, sorry for that.

Chom,

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:28 Quote
dont worry about it- we at pinkbike lose our tempers at one point or another

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
I get a kick out of when someone posts a reply like "boxxers are crap forks, buy 888's"
Then the next guy posts "Dude i looked at your profile, you dont know sh*t"
Seems to me the quality of contents in your profile is like your credit, anyone in the real world knows that if you have no credit, you will not be taken seriously.
So check up on people who are giving out advice, its easy to point out someone with no "credit".

Aside from that, i totaly dig pinkbike, i've been coming to this site for years.
But only since the site has changed have i made an account and started to participate, i'm sure i'm not the only one.

The only thing that bugs me now on this site is the amount of ads i'm seeing, the other night i was just doing my thing here and there were like 3 ads for asian mail order brides! WTF does that have to do with bikes?

Peace out

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
KtownKilla wrote:
I get a kick out of when someone posts a reply like "boxxers are crap forks, buy 888's"
Seems to me the quality of contents in your profile is like your credit, anyone in the real world knows that if you have no credit, you will not be taken seriously.
So check up on people who are giving out advice, its easy to point out someone with no "credit".

Aside from that, i totaly dig pinkbike, i've been coming to this site for years.
But only since the site has changed have i made an account and started to participate, i'm sure i'm not the only one.

The only thing that bugs me now on this site is the amount of ads i'm seeing, the other night i was just doing my thing here and there were like 3 ads for asian mail order brides! WTF does that have to do with bikes?

Peace out
google adds bud.. get fir fox with addblock pluss ad on no adds at all

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
KTown, I'm with you. Never joined until the change. PB is a great resource, just use it for advice and make your own decisions

-mack- wrote:
If you dont like it either strive to make it better with every post you make, or dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Mods do not determine the quality of the site, the users do.

We are just here to pick up after the simpletons.

Mack, Derek Hess is amazing, High Voltage is one of my favorite pieces of art work.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
KtownKilla wrote:

Peace out

I agree with the first part a lot, I see lot's of people judge you from what they see in your profile. Just the other day, I was told "WHAT DO YOU KNOW, YOUR ONLY 15 !!!!", I really don't see what my age had to do with my opinion. We're all here for the same reason, we shouldn't be lipping and flaming each other.

Chom,

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
KtownKilla wrote:

Peace out
bahaahahaha i seen that today hahahahahaha

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
Maybe its time for a new one........with blackjack...and.......hookersBeer

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
chomers wrote:
I agree with the first part a lot, I see lot's of people judge you from what they see in your profile. Just the other day, I was told "WHAT DO YOU KNOW, YOUR ONLY 15 !!!!", I really don't see what my age had to do with my opinion. We're all here for the same reason, we shouldn't be lipping and flaming each other.

Chom,
It’s not necessarily that their not credible its just what is listed on the profile page, if you don’t look deeper gives people a lot of clues about what you know. There are a lot of assumptions made but nonetheless, a lot of these assumptions made by a person are accurate. When 12-15 year olds start telling older users to buy this particular DH rig or this particular high performance part over that high performance part and don’t back it up, it gets frustrating. In addition to that, 98% of these users recommending something base what they know off of hearsay rather than actually having saddle time with that specific product. I just find it odd when young users offer “advice” to another user that is 18 on buying a $5000+ bike. It simply isn’t very credible and since they haven’t spent time on the product, they have no idea what they are talking about and you get answers like “buy the IH Sunday over the Glory because Sam Hill rides a Sunday and he wins all the races.” Thanks a lot captain obvious but with answers like that, you make yourself look like a tool. If you don’t know about a product and have not spent an adequate amount of time on a component or bike, just READ and don’t post. If you post and are not knowledgeable, all you do is create work for moderators as we have to filter the thread to get it back on topic, warn all the flamers calling each other a dumb ass, tool, grom, etc. or in the worst case scenario lock and reject the thread. Therefore, it is better if you just look rather than putting in your two cents. Furthermore, it is easy for another member to see what bike you ride as your pride and joy is often in your photo section. If you ride an entry level hardtail and are telling a person to buy a high-end DH bike, I would definitely question your intellectual ability about bikes!

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
Cheers to laurie1
Thats pretty much what i was tryin to say Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013331
Mobile Version of Website