Powered by Outside

Would you go to school on an expensive bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Would you go to school on an expensive bike?
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
I have always done it with my bike at every school ive been too. Except I reserved a spot for my bike in the school so it can be hidden away from any eyes.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
Any lock, and I mean any, can be broken with an angle grinder.

try getting through this. even if you did you would probably have grinded the bike to nothinglol

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.craphound.com/images/welllockedbike.jpg

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
dude what i did was just asked one of my chill teachers if i could put it in there room and it never gets f*cked with!!

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
fortyninepercent wrote:
offtopic, but I ride my shit to school. heres where I lock it up. there is no public access to this area, and its in the empty part of the school. I bet less than 5 people walk past it. I use a fahgettaboutit lock, its pretty burly, but not impossible to break.

photo

that doesnt look like a school
looks like a farmhouse lol

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
i did it a few times, locked it though my frame, wheel, and fork cuz i got dualys, all with one long lock. lol. never had a probulem.
the last time i did it tho, there was a tack in my tire, and i never did it again, i had a slow leak for the rest of the day, but wen i got home and pulled the tack out. it al escaped.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
my amazing answer to the big question...

no.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
i ride an stp with dj2's but that was about the only thing worth while to lock up. i bring my bike to school and half the time i dont lock it up, disnt matter if n e one took it they wouldn't make it out of the school property cuz the chain would have fallen off and they would have probly fliped over the bars, plus i go to a small school and if n e one stole it the word would travle fast..then its stoner bashin time! I just upgraded everthing thoe so i will probly end up locking it everyday.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
odin333 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:

try getting through this. even if you did you would probably have grinded the bike to nothinglol

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.craphound.com/images/welllockedbike.jpg
look a little closer, only one lock is actually attached to the bike rack. that would be easy to steal, just pointless.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:21 Quote
yea... don't ride your bike to school unless you want it to get stolen. i rode my bike to school for like 2 years till it got stolen. Came out to grab it n go home all i saw was my losk laying on the ground there my bike used to be. im just lucky my friend didnt bike to school with me that day beacuse we both used the same lock.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
fortyninepercent wrote:
offtopic, but I ride my shit to school. heres where I lock it up. there is no public access to this area, and its in the empty part of the school. I bet less than 5 people walk past it. I use a fahgettaboutit lock, its pretty burly, but not impossible to break.

photo

I could have your whole bike stripped in about 5 minutes and you would be walking home with a frame, if you were lucky enough that I didn't have a hacksaw blade in my pocket, then it would be 5 minutes and all of your bike. DO NOT TAKE YOUR GOOD BIKES TO SCHOOL Now you see, you learned something today not at school

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
odin333 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:

look a little closer, only one lock is actually attached to the bike rack. that would be easy to steal, just pointless.

Thats awesome, i think it qualifies as "Bike Art"
i call it... "Ode to the un-stealable bike"

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
[Quote="sqrleprle"]
fortyninepercent wrote:

I could have your whole bike stripped in about 5 minutes and you would be walking home with a frame, if you were lucky enough that I didn't have a hacksaw blade in my pocket, then it would be 5 minutes and all of your bike. DO NOT TAKE YOUR GOOD BIKES TO SCHOOL Now you see, you learned something today not at school

wouldnt ya wanna lock somewhere that is always busy so if it getting stolen people can see an stop it happening rather than a place where someone could take it unseen by anyone??

just a thought

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
[Quote="some-guy"]
sqrleprle wrote:
fortyninepercent wrote:

wouldnt ya wanna lock somewhere that is always busy so if it getting stolen people can see an stop it happening rather than a place where someone could take it unseen by anyone
just a thought

(witness) HEY! what are you doing to that lock??
(thief) I lost my key today and don't have another, so I had to go home and get my dad hacksaw. He is soo pissed at me for even taking my bike to school since he payed so much for it
(witness) Oh, ok, Good Luck Don't loose your key next time buddy.
(thief) oh you can be sure this will never happen again.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:46 Quote
sqrleprle, i cant stop looking at your avatar...its hypnotizing

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:48 Quote
manikrider27 wrote:
sqrleprle, i cant stop looking at your avatar...its hypnotizing

that why it's there

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011565
Mobile Version of Website