Powered by Outside

Wildlife/ Flora/ Insects/ Fauna Photography

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Wildlife/ Flora/ Insects/ Fauna Photography
Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 0:58 Quote
More great shots there Thomas. You should try getting bitten by a jumping spider. I had a jumping reggae spider in one of my gloves. I put the glove on after a trail building session and got bit on a finger. It hurt like hell!.

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 1:01 Quote
I found this beetle lying upside down in my garden yesterday and the tokay gecko behind my washing machine. I love the way it curls it's toes to stick to the wall. Oh, and 2 flies celebrating valentines day 1 day early.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 7:57 Quote
nidgeslash9 wrote:
More great shots there Thomas. You should try getting bitten by a jumping spider. I had a jumping reggae spider in one of my gloves. I put the glove on after a trail building session and got bit on a finger. It hurt like hell!.
This isn't the one that bit me, but one of his friends for sure. (sorry for the quality).
Tiny spider nasty bite.

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 12:46 Quote
I think that I'll try to avoid being bitten by a jumping spider! So far I've been lucky and haven't been bitten by anything I've been taking photos of. Fortunately there isn't really anything where I live that i really have to worry about besides a Black Widow bite, which is very unlikely.

Very cool antennae on that beetle you found! I'm assuming it was dead if it was lying upside down? I like how the blue and orange contrasts in your gecko shots. Also, that has to be one of the ugliest jumping spiders! Normally they are cute and furry, still very cool though.

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 18:29 Quote
I've been trying out using flash for bird photography. It's a lot harder trying to balance the flash with the ambient light than it is with macro where the flash is providing the majority of the light.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm181/thomasbarbin/Annas%20Hummingbird_zpsqewyoyyf.jpg
photo

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 6:10 Quote
thomas-b wrote:
I've been trying out using flash for bird photography. It's a lot harder trying to balance the flash with the ambient light than it is with macro where the flash is providing the majority of the light.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm181/thomasbarbin/Annas%20Hummingbird_zpsqewyoyyf.jpg
photo

They look good. I don't use flash for macro. If it's really low light i might use a bike light, otherwise i manage with natural light.

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 19:46 Quote
Here a few photos from the past couple of months from Flickr. Photos that don't make it to Flickr get posted to Instagram, so there a lot more photos there.

Cooper's Hawk (Accipiter cooperii)
photo

Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus)
photo

Nomad Bee (Nomada sp.)
photo

Common Sawfly (Dolerus sp.)
photo

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 3:01 Quote
Thomas, that bee looks awesome, well done.
I heard a load of Minah birds going crazy in my garden this afternoon, then i found my German Shepherd had taken down one of the chicks. I have to keep it in the house until hopefully it's wing heals.

Mynah bird chick rescued from one of my dogs. If it s wing heals I ll let it back outside if not looks like i have another pet.

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 18:50 Quote
nidgeslash9 wrote:
I heard a load of Minah birds going crazy in my garden this afternoon, then i found my German Shepherd had taken down one of the chicks. I have to keep it in the house until hopefully it's wing heals.

Mynah bird chick rescued from one of my dogs. If it s wing heals I ll let it back outside if not looks like i have another pet.

Are Minah Birds pests?
They are in Australia

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 19:08 Quote
morcombemedia wrote:
nidgeslash9 wrote:

Are Minah Birds pests?
They are in Australia

Not really. There are a lot around my house but i live in the countryside. They can be a bit annoying when they get noisy. Pigeons are much more of a problem.

Posted: May 30, 2016 at 15:45 Quote
Dusted my extension tubes off and took a few shots, need to try and get some more practice with them.

photo

photo

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 7:12 Quote
I dusted off my extension tube this weekend but the last thing I wanted to do is take pictures with it...

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 9:26 Quote
Please keep your fleshlight stories to yourself.

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 10:50 Quote
You used to be cool Haggis. Make sure you swing by the YT booth at Fort Bill and mess with John me!!!

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 21:50 Quote
dingus wrote:
Dusted my extension tubes off and took a few shots, need to try and get some more practice with them.

photo

photo

Nice shots there Dingus. Extension tubes really do need practice. I just started using mine again and feel like a beginner.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 2.177371
Mobile Version of Website