Powered by Outside

Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 5:54 Quote
when i f*ck over and i need to stop i reach for the breaks but i cannot jump with my fingers on the lever

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 6:54 Quote
I keep one finger on my back brake in DH just in case i need it

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
rob125 wrote:
when i f*ck over and i need to stop i reach for the breaks but i cannot jump with my fingers on the lever

neither can i..i end up braking in mid-air lol

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
jackariusjones wrote:
rob125 wrote:

i for some reason sometimes have my fingers on the brakes in the air and sometimes i dont.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 11:28 Quote
jackariusjones wrote:
rob125 wrote:

i cant even jump with my fingers off the brakes

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
If you need to cover your brakes then your reactions suck!!!

I never cover my brakes unless I'm going down a steep hill and thats downhilling, for dirt jumping i never cover the brakes, if I need to stop I move my fingers over the lever and pull.

Also I don't understand how you can jump with your fingers over the leverConfused I would end up pulling my brake in mid air and nose diving

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
I only put my finger on the brake if i need to brake. Whatever riding i'm doing, more control with all on the bars.

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
1 on the rear, anywhere, unless I need 2 to get a good hold or something

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
I usually keep my finger on the brakes when downhilling, but I never have any fingers on them whilst jumping / doing drops and in rock fields.

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
rob125 wrote:
ya same, when im downhiling though i have to keep them there but just jumpin i dont put them there

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
i keep 1 finger on the brake lever because if you need to stop quick then your finger is already there

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
Usually I keep the fingers on them since I used to use the brake levers as a ring if the ppl dont go away Big Grin

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
Unless I'm cruising around, I have 1 finger on both front and back all the time.

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
never use my breaks i wouldent kno

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010335
Mobile Version of Website