Powered by Outside

How often do you fall and why?

PB Forum :: Beginners
How often do you fall and why?
Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
I fall ALOT, nit because of lack of skll, but because every time i ride, i try to push myself Further and further, to increase my skill as a rider...

If your not crashing, your not trying hard enough.

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
krazer wrote:
I fall ALOT, nit because of lack of skll, but because every time i ride, i try to push myself Further and further, to increase my skill as a rider...

If your not crashing, your not trying hard enough.

Or you just dont want to get hurt doing something you enjoy doing..

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
I fall every one in a while, and it's because I screwed up.

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
krazer wrote:

Gaining skill and technique is usually something left at it's natural pace. When you try to force yourself to get much better at something in a short time, sure you can succeed, but what if you crash hard and put yourself out of riding for a month? What does that accomplish?

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
krazer wrote:

Gaining skill and technique is usually something left at it's natural pace. When you try to force yourself to get much better at something in a short time, sure you can succeed, but what if you crash hard and put yourself out of riding for a month? What does that accomplish?
a loss in your riding skills you just forced yourself to learn,you need to push hard but know your limits

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
[Quote="krazer"]I fall ALOT, nit because of lack of skll, but because every time i ride, i try to push myself Further and further, to increase my skill as a rider...

If your not crashing, your not trying hard enough.[/Quote damn skippy,oops i guess i screwed that up

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:07 Quote
i know my limits, i just like going for stuff, and i know whats its liek to be out of biking for a month....

im outta biking for the season with a dislocated shoulder, and a minor cuncuusion (my 6th concussion in 2 years)

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
krazer wrote:
i know my limits, i just like going for stuff, and i know whats its liek to be out of biking for a month....

im outta biking for the season with a dislocated shoulder, and a minor cuncuusion (my 6th concussion in 2 years)
i spent 3 weeks on the side line because i choose the wrong line and broke my big toe,,i couldnt even pedal the first 2 weeks

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
that sucks.. according to the hospital, if i get a 4th major concussion., im as good as dead..lolJail Cry

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
krazer wrote:
that sucks.. according to the hospital, if i get a 4th major concussion., im as good as dead..lolJail Cry
thats bs ive had over 10 majors and dbl minors , i knocked myself out for 3 days,but i did have to stop playing football because of the concussions i had in 13 seasons,but ive got them biking skiing and messin about,bare minimal brain damage so far Razz

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
i have a triple major concsussion from football, and that was over a year ago.. my marks had dropped by around 30 % per class, and i cant remember anything from grades 7.5, to 10.

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
krazer wrote:
i have a triple major concsussion from football, and that was over a year ago.. my marks had dropped by around 30 % per class, and i cant remember anything from grades 7.5, to 10.
i only lost a couple summer of memory so far,,but i know i had fun, apparently Big Grin

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
I tend to fall once or twice a week if I ride 5 or 6 times a week now that I'm on my BMX.

When I rode MTB I didn't fall that often because it was rare I'd go anywhere testing

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
worst part about riding DH is that theres not really any room to bail. you have to stick it all the way, or go down hard. like once every 3 rides i have a slip out (no big deal), but like once every 2 months or so i bite it nicely, and am out for a week or so. its well worth it lol tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009745
Mobile Version of Website