Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 23:04 Quote
My highest would be about 18" on my BMX but on average i got about 12" on a BMX.

When it comes to my DH bike, I can only go about 4"-6" haha.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
Steezyfreerider wrote:
I hopped 12 inches today!Cool
Thats what she said Razz

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
Well I could never hop that good and one day I was riding down the street and Michael Jordan was on the same sidewalk. There was only enough room for one of us. So as we got closer he tried to jump over the top of me, but I tried to go over the top of him as well.

So I bunny hopped the 7' of Michale Jackson plus the 5' that he jumped up. So I can hop 12 feet.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:29 Quote
I want whatever you were on.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
timlake wrote:
Well I could never hop that good and one day I was riding down the street and Michael Jordan was on the same sidewalk. There was only enough room for one of us. So as we got closer he tried to jump over the top of me, but I tried to go over the top of him as well.

So I bunny hopped the 7' of Michale Jackson plus the 5' that he jumped up. So I can hop 12 feet.
i like how you said Michael Jordan and then Michale Jackson

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
Steezyfreerider wrote:
timlake wrote:

It was Michael Jordan, but Jacko had gone into his spirit because he wanted to rape me.

That's I had to hop so high.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
sherbet wrote:

I was riding my Lemond road bike, the SPD's helped a little bit.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
timlake wrote:
Steezyfreerider wrote:
timlake wrote:

It was Michael Jordan, but Jacko had gone into his spirit because he wanted to rape me.

That's I had to hop so high.
oh i see, i see...

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
timlake wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Trust me, didn't mean like that.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
sherbet wrote:
timlake wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Oh right, I was riding on Tarmac, I could probably go higher on a trampoline or something.

I was pretty high...

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
timlake wrote:
sherbet wrote:
timlake wrote:

Oh right, I was riding on Tarmac, I could probably go higher on a trampoline or something.

I was pretty high...

Ah. But what kind of tarmac?

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:41 Quote
sherbet wrote:
timlake wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I was pretty high...

Ah. But what kind of tarmac?

I take that back, it wasn't Tarmac, my memory betrayed me, it was marble, it was on the streets of Hollywood ad I was riding along where the stars are. I hopped over Jacko's star as Michael Jordan was walking over it, so I hopped Jacko, and Jordan.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 16:07 Quote
AustinSedz wrote:
but your moving... and with rear suspension it isnt even a bunny hop its just bouncing off your rear shock

Unless it is a really crappy shock w/ no rebound dampening, that is impossible.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
ya thats what i noticed too, you can physically hop over something higher than you could just hopping striaght up and not actually trying to get onto or over anything

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
my highest is 2 decks. i have no idea how many inches that is.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010445
Mobile Version of Website