High Gas Prices

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
High Gas Prices
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 7:11 Quote
swiftpain wrote:
calgaryrider wrote:
About the only full size SUV I'd ever drive would be a ford excursion, cause you can get it with the powerstroke under the hood. A nice turbo back exhaust, air intake, and some tuning/gauges and your hp goes up but the mpg is still good.
gauges add like 9000 hp right?

No, a set of gauges or monitor checks your exhaust/trans temps, boost, fuel pressure etc....

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
joexspocent92 wrote:
ic. but they have a higher chance of breaking down thats the problem...

Says who? If you don't know how to look after a car or you operate it incorrectly, a 2 year old vehicle has just as much of chance of breaking down as a 10 year old one. That's why research is key.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
joexspocent92 wrote:
ic. but they have a higher chance of breaking down thats the problem...

Says who? If you don't know how to look after a car or you operate it incorrectly, a 2 year old vehicle has just as much of chance of breaking down as a 10 year old one. That's why research is key.

i checked a lot of websites. i like the 1989 one. the super ghetto cool offroad one. put some fox on it. haha. its hard to get in the US though! and i didnt take car mechanics at school...

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 22:15 Quote
gas prices are ridiculous!! I filled for 1.49 a litre today. I calculated it and it's costing me $20 a day to get to work and back. And this is with my little 3.0 ranger, when I put my jetta on the road it's going to be even more as it's premium fuel.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
in cambpell river b.c its 151.9 and its still going upEek

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
Kbone wrote:
gas prices are ridiculous!! I filled for 1.49 a litre today. I calculated it and it's costing me $20 a day to get to work and back. And this is with my little 3.0 ranger, when I put my jetta on the road it's going to be even more as it's premium fuel.

Wow, thats rough, I'm not even paying that much for diesel yet. Eek

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 23:19 Quote
2$ a litre by the end of summer. Next year I'm too scared to see what it'll become. I remember back in the day when I was a kid my parents would fill up for 30 to 40 cents a litre, when it hit 50 people got worried. When it hit 70 cents everyone was freaking out. Now it's getting to 2$!

calagryrider, you're lucky you have a deisel. I'll be selling my jetta and buying a newer deisel jetta.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 23:25 Quote
Kbone wrote:
2$ a litre by the end of summer. Next year I'm too scared to see what it'll become. I remember back in the day when I was a kid my parents would fill up for 30 to 40 cents a litre, when it hit 50 people got worried. When it hit 70 cents everyone was freaking out. Now it's getting to 2$!

calagryrider, you're lucky you have a deisel. I'll be selling my jetta and buying a newer deisel jetta.

isnt diesel more expensive? its more than 5 dollars a gallon here. or about 1.67 dollars for a litre

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 23:51 Quote
I'm pretty sure it's the same price. But with diesel you get way more km's to the tank. For example, my 1.8T jetta gets 500 to 550 kms with 94 octane. A 1.6 TDI jetta gets around 1200kms to the tank. You save a lot more in the end.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 23:53 Quote
Kbone wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's the same price. But with diesel you get way more km's to the tank. For example, my 1.8T jetta gets 500 to 550 kms with 94 octane. A 1.6 TDI jetta gets around 1200kms to the tank. You save a lot more in the end.

ohh ic. but wont that mess up your engine? or is your jetta a diesel

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
Diesels are a little more expensive to maintain, but the savings in fuel will help that expense..

Next vehicle is a Diesel Jetta for sure.. Damn Jeep is a big on fuel.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
Around here they "compensate" pricing for the better economy of a diesel. At most places in the area, diesel is usually $.10+/litre more than gas.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 8:22 Quote
Yep, its retarded, and its really annoying because diesel is cheaper to make than gas to. Really Mad

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
Either way we're screwed! Wasn't there a time when diesel was much cheaper? Or am I thinking of propane...

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 16:51 Quote
Kbone wrote:
Either way we're screwed! Wasn't there a time when diesel was much cheaper? Or am I thinking of propane...

for as long as I can remember Diesel has always been cheaper than plus and supreme gas. Usually in the range of regular gas and lower. NEVER higher until now.

it makes no damn sense to me. All it is is less refined gas. Should be cheaper. Run gas prices up sure. That's killing the common man but running diesel up is killing everyone. I think its having more of an effect on the economy than the raising cost of consumer fuels. Diesel is better for the environment... they should be pushing it. Running up diesel runs the cost of EVERY consumer good up. From eggs and milk to cars. ALL of it goes on trucks using diesel.

Bunch of really stupid things going on right now that are hopefully going to usher in some change. I honestly don't think these gas prices are permanent and I don't think the use of ethanol is either.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012461
Mobile Version of Website