Powered by Outside

Post pix of your Nomad

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post pix of your Nomad
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
just wondering how does the Nomad ride compared to the Vp Free?

Also do the Nomads have the bearing issues like the Vp Free, needing to be replaced every three to four months?

pipes10, how do you like the Joplin seat, and does the remote ever get in your way? Does the remote push/pull to activate the seat.

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
c-rod wrote:
pipes10, how do you like the Joplin seat, and does the remote ever get in your way? Does the remote push/pull to activate the seat.

The Joplin R has been great thus far. At the tip of the saddle there is the acceptable 10* of movement that people complain about but it is never felt while riding. It works by pushing the remote lever in any direction (push or pull, move up or down), then your weight lowers it. To bring it back to the original height you just unweight the seat and push the lever. I love it for the more technical, steep downhill sections. The 3" of adjustability is plenty for me and gets the seat right out of the way. The remote lever never gets in the way either.

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
c-rod wrote:

The Joplin R has been great thus far. At the tip of the saddle there is the acceptable 10* of movement that people complain about but it is never felt while riding. It works by pushing the remote lever in any direction (push or pull, move up or down), then your weight lowers it. To bring it back to the original height you just unweight the seat and push the lever. I love it for the more technical, steep downhill sections. The 3" of adjustability is plenty for me and gets the seat right out of the way. The remote lever never gets in the way either.

Sweet thanks, I have been thinking about getting one. I have also been looking into the Black Mamba as well.

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 at 17:53 Quote
c-rod wrote:
Sweet thanks, I have been thinking about getting one. I have also been looking into the Black Mamba as well.

Take a look at the following thread. It discusses all of the adjustable posts.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=485915

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 4:39 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
c-rod wrote:

Take a look at the following thread. It discusses all of the adjustable posts.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=485915

Nice, Thank you

Posted: Nov 4, 2009 at 7:51 Quote
My new Nomad - Anno Green Rules !

photo

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 at 20:53 Quote
hey, i just got a nomad today. on the santa cruz website it says above 180 mm of fork travel its voids the warrenty. is it dangerous to do that? i see a few people have done it to theirs. i probly would keep the 36 van on most of the time, but for techy trails i was thinking of putting on my boxxer. anyways thanks for your advice and your guy's bike are sweet. ill try to get pix of my this weekendtup

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
My Nomad, updated as of this November...
photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 13:28 Quote
Hey guys, please would you let me know what rear shock size will fit to this beauty? Thanks Rob

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 13:48 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
8.5 x 2.5
Thanks pipes10!

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 13:55 Quote
yea 8.5 by 2.5

I never posted a pic of my Nomad so here ya go.

photo

Lots of upgrades since I originally got it

Frame: 07 Ano Slate Med
Shock: 09 Dhx 5 (might get a Ti spring if I can get a deal)
Fork: 36 Van rc2
Cranks: 09 Shimano Saints
Chain Guide: Lg1+
Wheels: Dt Swiss 240's to 5.1D Rims
Tires: Chunder and Nevegal
Brakes: Juicy 7's
Seat/post: Sunline v1 seat to thompson
Bars: Sunline V1
Stem: Sunline All mountain
Pedals: Wellgo Mg1's
Drive train: X0 shifter to X9 deraiuller. (have an extra long Xo)

IT RDES REALLY GOOD

Right now is about 32 Lbs even with the coil....Lighter with the Float

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 14:53 Quote
Here's my updated Nomad. New seals, cables, cranks, stem, PUSHED DHX.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.111299
Mobile Version of Website