Powered by Outside

13 years old - How do you fund your bikes?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
13 years old - How do you fund your bikes?
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
BigRidah wrote:
Go to school dances, small concerts. ECT. and buy like 100 glowsticks before. 10 bucks from the dollar store. And sell them for like a buck each. 100x1=100-10=90 bucks profit.

thats actually a really good ideatup tup tup

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 10:22 Quote
That it is, thanx for the heads up cuz my school is having a dance on monday, 1500 kids, and i can get 1000 glow sticks for $30, and theres always those kids that buy like 10 and wear em everywhere.......

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
find a neighbor that has a small buisness and ask them to put up door hangers for their buisness.. my neighbor is payin me 25cents a house.. it may not seem like a lot of money, but its fun cause u get to ride your bike around the neighborhood and it slowly adds up.. also for every call he gets because of the doorhangers, the money per house goes up 5 cents

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 10:37 Quote
riding ur bike around the neighborhood only works if there is a significant distance from house to house(i.e. 50-75 feet)or if there is extremely long drive ways, in most suburban neighborhoods the lots are 25 ft wide and the ur faster to walk across lawns like mail pplz do

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
well if ur canadian go down to the local hockey rink and ask if u can do maintenance and odd jobs around there like pickin up garbage thats what ive been doin since i was 11 and i get 160 a month

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 10:53 Quote
160 a mounth????thats it!!!!!!!???????????and not all of us enjoy pikken up garbage

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 10:54 Quote
well im not 13 im 15 and cant get a job so i sell golf balls in the spring,paint lines of soccer feilds 140 a month or clean ur house for ur parents 10 a week

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 11:00 Quote
ur 15 and cant get a job ??????where have u applied?? most ski hills and and bike parks will hire 14y/o's to work in the rental shops thats where i got my start. Tims is always good most of the time if the gm there is good they will let u set your own hours with in reason

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
NWray wrote:
ur 15 and cant get a job ??????where have u applied?? most ski hills and and bike parks will hire 14y/o's to work in the rental shops thats where i got my start. Tims is always good most of the time if the gm there is good they will let u set your own hours with in reason
ive tried ski resorts, mcdonalds,sobeys in my town theres like 2 stores u can work in bit you have to be 16

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
thats weird what province do u live in? i live in Ontario and pretty much the only places i cant work are factories and mines

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
NWray wrote:
thats weird what province do u live in? i live in Ontario and pretty much the only places i cant work are factories and mines
ontario its just my town is just developing

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 11:07 Quote
ic ic that suks wen ur b-day maybe u can wait till ur 16?

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
NWray wrote:
ic ic that suks wen ur b-day maybe u can wait till ur 16?
august my painting jobs alright 1000$ a summer includong bday money

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
thats weird i would have thought that there would have been some place in barrie u could work... do u have a SIN number?

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
NWray wrote:
thats weird i would have thought that there would have been some place in barrie u could work... do u have a SIN number?
yea i do have a sin and i dont live in exactly barrie innisfil

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009257
Mobile Version of Website