How much do DH wordcup racers get paid?

PB Forum :: Downhill
How much do DH wordcup racers get paid?
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
rob-k wrote:
edd is probab;y just trying to look professional when he rides his bike as sponsors look out for people who A) ride quick and B) care how they present themselves to others

this is true, but if a tld rep is walking around why would he look at sponsoring someone who is already buying all their gear?

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
rob-k wrote:
maybe think of it this way, you wouldnt turn up to a high end office job in jeans and tee, you'd wear a nice suit because it looks professional.

edd is probab;y just trying to look professional when he rides his bike as sponsors look out for people who A) ride quick and B) care how they present themselves to others

I dont do it especialy to present myself for sponsors. but i just find it nicer to ride in. im not one for fashion over function.

Mod
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:41 Quote
Sponsors don't care how you look until you represent them.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:41 Quote
live-life-2-ride-mtb wrote:
stryke wrote:
live-life-2-ride-mtb wrote:

so if i wear some nike 6.0's riding im now advertising for them....yeah ok sure thing Confused

i sware all you do is find what edd's posted in then bring up the old subject of the "factory" look..

sure, but theyre shoes, you need them

a full factory race suit is not needed to ride a bike

well you need something to ride in, unless you want to go comando ?

i wear tld short's and a normal fox/tld t-shirt... doesnt mean i advertising for them.

i dont see the point in spend loads on a full kit but its hardly advertising. haha

i think you need to learn what advertising is

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:49 Quote
i think the situation here is obvios: "stryke"

We all know how you love to be the mysterios man; you post no photo's for people to judge you on. you have the talent of using big words to make it look as though you actualy know everything. We also know you like to mock everyone who doesent conform to your standards/opinions. But seriosly stryke, we (mostly) dont care. yes you can be humorus. but it gets very boring. your just not that entertaining anymore in my eyes.

So, keep it on subject. and dont waste your time trying to be entertaining to the masses.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:53 Quote
judge me on? how can you judge someone from a photo?

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:54 Quote
stryke wrote:
judge me on? how can you judge someone from a photo?

you seem to manage to judge me on my photos? with the whole "factory" thing

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:55 Quote
ive never brought up factory at all, its you who keeps bringing that up

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:56 Quote
stryke wrote:
ive never brought up factory at all, its you who keeps bringing that up

yes. you really did. it was initialy you that mentined it.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:56 Quote
pretty sure i didnt

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:57 Quote
stryke wrote:
pretty sure i didnt

well. i somehow cant see us agreeing here....

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
Stryke is a deece rider.

Technically, if you wear anything with a company's logo on you are advertising for them. But that can be said for any product, not just race kit.

For example, I am wearing a Superdry Jumper. I am therefor advertising their company by showing their logo. It's the same for everything. At the end of the day we wear whatever we like to wear.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 13:01 Quote
is deece good or bad, im not up to date with hip words anymore

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 13:02 Quote
timlake wrote:
Stryke is a deece rider.

Technically, if you wear anything with a company's logo on you are advertising for them. But that can be said for any product, not just race kit.

For example, I am wearing a Superdry Jumper. I am therefor advertising their company by showing their logo. It's the same for everything. At the end of the day we wear whatever we like to wear.
Rich Fab

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
I'm on edd's side. Seeing as last year I rode a full Royal/SixSixOne kit, not because I wanted to look "Factory" but because I was sponsored by them and wanted to represent them well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015982
Mobile Version of Website