Powered by Outside

Im so depressed. . .

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Im so depressed. . .
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Depression is a rather serious subject. If you're going to call depressed people "pussies" or joke about suicide, just get out of this thread.
i have depression, i know how serious it is. People coming on here saying they are depressed cause thier bike is broke angers me. suck it up, call me when you get a real problem w/ your life

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 10:34 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Depression is a rather serious subject. If you're going to call depressed people "pussies" or joke about suicide, just get out of this thread.
i have depression, i know how serious it is. People coming on here saying they are depressed cause thier bike is broke angers me. suck it up, call me when you get a real problem w/ your life
wwo thast pretty crappy are you emo or just a normal sad person.

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 11:11 Quote
OP = not actually depressed. when somebody says "i'm so depressed" they actually mean sad or down on their luck, not depressed. like sherbet said, depression isn't a joke, it happens randomly and often it doesn't even have anything to do with your life sucking. i've gone through it twice, once when i was an immature 12 year old that cried wolf (or more accurately cried "i'm gonna kill myself") and again about 6 months ago. its pretty serious. i have it in my family. my dad went through severe depression for ~16 years without even knowing it and in turn i lost out on a good part of every kid's childhood as did my brothers. depression is barely even related to sadness, so yeah, when people say "i need a new shifter and i can't afford it! i'm depressed!" it's just plai nignorance.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
ChateLife wrote:
OP = not actually depressed. when somebody says "i'm so depressed" they actually mean sad or down on their luck, not depressed. like sherbet said, depression isn't a joke, it happens randomly and often it doesn't even have anything to do with your life sucking. i've gone through it twice, once when i was an immature 12 year old that cried wolf (or more accurately cried "i'm gonna kill myself") and again about 6 months ago. its pretty serious. i have it in my family. my dad went through severe depression for ~16 years without even knowing it and in turn i lost out on a good part of every kid's childhood as did my brothers. depression is barely even related to sadness, so yeah, when people say "i need a new shifter and i can't afford it! i'm depressed!" it's just plai nignorance.
yay jeff learned something in school Razz

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
lolololollololollolollloollolololololol!

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 11:48 Quote
ChateLife wrote:

+props to you!

I've suffered with severe depression [bipolar at times] for 6yrs now, thankfully I've had a few months now without, which is the best yet, so things are looking positive [fingers crossed] - depression doesn't need to have a physical or predictable cause and sometimes I couldn't even understand why I was depressed, it just seemed so totally inescapable, its a very serious problem, it affects the person for every waking moment and may well lead to insomnia - which only exacerbates the problem... depression can lead to suicide. I'm speaking from personal experience here, and am glad [in the appropriate way] to see that there's other people out there who've experienced the same problem and come through it.

so please kiddy's, stop saying your depressed because you didn't get to ride - if you are actually depressed, you probably won't want to ride to start with... or do anything at all for that matter due to the overwhelming despair and feeling of hopelessness that it causes - I feel strongly about this subject, the more people who have a bad day and go around saying: "man I'm so depressed"; the less the real condition is accepted...

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
I was pretty much born with anxiety and depression. They both go together pretty good. But about 6 years ago after suffering years of anxiety attacks and long periods of depression, I decided it was time to sort it out. Went to counselors and what not for a few years, did absolutely nothing so I talked to a doctor that perscribed me an anti-depressant called Celexa. My life has greatly improved since then. Moral of the story, there is no cure for depression and anxiety. Best you can do is try to work out techniques to cope with it but if you do have this condition, think about talking to a doctor for some meds.

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
ChateLife wrote:

+props to you!

I've suffered with severe depression [bipolar at times] for 6yrs now, thankfully I've had a few months now without, which is the best yet, so things are looking positive [fingers crossed] - depression doesn't need to have a physical or predictable cause and sometimes I couldn't even understand why I was depressed, it just seemed so totally inescapable, its a very serious problem, it affects the person for every waking moment and may well lead to insomnia - which only exacerbates the problem... depression can lead to suicide. I'm speaking from personal experience here, and am glad [in the appropriate way] to see that there's other people out there who've experienced the same problem and come through it.

so please kiddy's, stop saying your depressed because you didn't get to ride - if you are actually depressed, you probably won't want to ride to start with... or do anything at all for that matter due to the overwhelming despair and feeling of hopelessness that it causes - I feel strongly about this subject, the more people who have a bad day and go around saying: "man I'm so depressed"; the less the real condition is accepted...

+Props to both of you two... depression is a really serious matter and I think these two have explained it very well Smile You wouldnt even wanna post this stuff up let alone ride if you were really depressed. Hope you two keep ya heads above the water now Smile Nice to hear your out of it all and going strong Salute Beer

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
I didn't realize that vancouver had so many jumpers on the bridges there? We were heading down from whistler on sunday and were about to cross the lions gate bridge when traffic stopped in both directions........I thought there was a accident?? The police shut down the bridge and most people U turned and left... We were 1 of about 15 cars left on the bridge.... the weather was beautiful... Some thirty something guy thought it was a good day for swimming??? After about an hour with him hanging on the side of the bridge... he decided that the water was probably too cold?? All the Cruise ships passing underneath him playing " It's fun to stay at the YMCA!!" by the 70's super group " The Village people".... must have struck a cord.

The other motorists on the bridge were telling me that this a fairly frequent occurrence..... I thought canadians had free health care?? one of the guys said his brother was depressed and not until he tried to end his life that he could get any help???

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011223
Mobile Version of Website