can you sign up at the race?

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:29 Quote
nolanremlinger1 wrote:
mountnick wrote:
nolanremlinger1 wrote:

how much in advance cuz im gonna go this year
like $65 before march 20...

no...but u can sign up like a couple days before...then it's like $95....and ur chances of getting in r slim...

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:41 Quote
mountnick wrote:
nolanremlinger1 wrote:
mountnick wrote:
like $65 before march 20...

no...but u can sign up like a couple days before...then it's like $95....and ur chances of getting in r slim...

o shit....so i sould sign up like tomorow huh?

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:41 Quote
like most ppl have said the atmosphere is awesome, the amount of ppl that go there that are into every aspect of biking is aweomse.

how ever
the DH race...

...blows 98%

its more of an XC race that happens to be slightly downhill, youd be way better off on a 4" travel bike or even a hard tail than u would be on a DH bike.
and about 500000 ppl show up for it and they only run 3 shuttles so it takes almost 2 hours to get back to the top

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
what braking bumps r u guys talking about!?!?

that trail is as smooth as glass!

ok theres one section that has some, the steep dropin section way after the log drop.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:45 Quote
jf951 wrote:
like most ppl have said the atmosphere is awesome, the amount of ppl that go there that are into every aspect of biking is aweomse.

how ever
the DH race...

...blows 98%

its more of an XC race that happens to be slightly downhill, youd be way better off on a 4" travel bike or even a hard tail than u would be on a DH bike.
and about 500000 ppl show up for it and they only run 3 shuttles so it takes almost 2 hours to get back to the top

He's not kidding about the 55,000 people and the DH course could be a lot better. Also don't miss your allowed practice time or your screwed. all the security guys are stiffs

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:46 Quote
nolanremlinger1 wrote:
mountnick wrote:
nolanremlinger1 wrote:

o shit....so i sould sign up like tomorow huh?
um..if u want....before march 20 probably..

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 21:46 Quote
jf951 wrote:

ok theres one section that has some, the steep dropin section way after the log drop.

Were you not there last year? or did you race before all the beginners wrecked the berms in the mud

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 22:49 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
jf951 wrote:

Were you not there last year? or did you race before all the beginners wrecked the berms in the mud

yup yup.

ok ok there are some bumps but as far as DH course go, its not much more than that, a few bumps

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
I tried to sign up for Beginner DH today but I guess the classes under 17 years old filled up. The only place where I could find space to race is in the Junior category. I'm 14. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if I'm fast enough, but I just wanna ride.

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
lukelovesbikes wrote:
I tried to sign up for Beginner DH today but I guess the classes under 17 years old filled up. The only place where I could find space to race is in the Junior category. I'm 14. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if I'm fast enough, but I just wanna ride.
yeah..i'm 14 and i'm racing junior.

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
lukelovesbikes wrote:

If i were you id race in juniors 14 & under

this way you dont have to worry about people passing you as much, unless your really slow

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
Yeah! I signed up for DH Junior (???) 14 and under. It should be pretty funny racing a bunch of little kids.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
lukelovesbikes wrote:
Yeah! I signed up for DH Junior (???) 14 and under. It should be pretty funny racing a bunch of little kids.
are u really under 14? cuase they check ur norba linsense at registration or buy a one day and it shows ur age.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012311
Mobile Version of Website