Powered by Outside

Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 18:44 Quote
My 04 Kona Joyride. WBP Edition of the Stab.
photo

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
nishnash wrote:
twigme wrote:
i know this sounds weirdConfused , but all the long travel konas iv riden i havent liked but all the short travel konas i have liked. The stab i rode just felt to massive and unmanoverable. Iv riden several stinkys and they seem like good freeride bikes that absorb hits well but dont absorb the terain to well. I rode a Bass and loved it for what it was it was very flickable and easy to jump. Ohh ya and my friend has broken his upper shocklink on his stinkyEek
makes sense, Faux-Bar is EXCELLENT for jumping and such whereas it lacks in the small bump absorption....
Kona has some great frames, they also have some bad ones...just like every company.
No. Just no. Ride one with a nice rear shock and fork. Absorb small bumps better than a lot of things. On a side note, I saw a cracked 7 point in the LBS today.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
harorida123 wrote:
I am looking at getting a Kona Stinky 2009. i want some opinions on the bike. whether its good or bad. let me kno.
I think Kona's are great for getting into the sport. They are affordable and from what I hear, generally people are not in a rush to get rid of them which is a good sign. I tried my friend's stinky, but I have an intense which has a really different ride style and feel but I'm sure I would get used to it. It feels like a hardtail but with a plush rear susp.
I've seen some really good DH bikers rollin down the hill with stinkies, so they are well proven on the track.

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:40 Quote
ScottF15 wrote:
kona's are pieces of shit and imspeaking from experience... don't make the same mistake i did don't get a kona
shut up... its all about the feel some people hate them i love mine. ok so dont hate it. i have a 06 stinky with a totem solo air (in my pictures) i payed for all of it for those spoiled kids. i love my stinky. dont listen to people who complain that its gonna break all frames break. ive ridding the 09 and its nice. its has a 1.5 inch head tube that looks massive. its really beefy this year and have big tubing. idk about this year but most stinky frames are made of 7005 aluminum that is also what my totem is made and also the boxxer wc is made out of 7000 aluminum so people should just shut up about the frames breaking. ever frame can break. my friend has a sx trail and i like my stinky more

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
DowNhillFrEeRide854 wrote:
ScottF15 wrote:
kona's are pieces of shit and imspeaking from experience... don't make the same mistake i did don't get a kona
shut up... its all about the feel some people hate them i love mine. ok so dont hate it. i have a 06 stinky with a totem solo air (in my pictures) i payed for all of it for those spoiled kids. i love my stinky. dont listen to people who complain that its gonna break all frames break. ive ridding the 09 and its nice. its has a 1.5 inch head tube that looks massive. its really beefy this year and have big tubing. idk about this year but most stinky frames are made of 7005 aluminum that is also what my totem is made and also the boxxer wc is made out of 7000 aluminum so people should just shut up about the frames breaking. ever frame can break. my friend has a sx trail and i like my stinky more
oh yeah and you really no your stuff haha not

O+
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
Hmm from the small amount of reading i just did of this thread i have come to a conclusion and that is Kona haters cant read as the title clearly states thay arent allowed but they are here anyway.

Here my Kona anyway only thing i dont like is the dope brake system its silly and isant needed i wish i could run without it as its just a pain with rattling and bearings are crap but everthing else is brilliant.

photo

O+
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:52 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
DowNhillFrEeRide854 wrote:
ScottF15 wrote:
Meh i agree with first guy i dont like konas (not saying they suck just dont like them) with the exception of the bass an cowan, all the bikes ive ridden of theres (stinky, stab an coiler) just dont feel rite. An i dono why but every kona seems to make alot of noise, out on the trails they sound like bits are falling off all the time.
Usually it's because the stock suspension that they come with isn't great! The sound must be from bad maintenance, because mine is absolutely silent landing jumps and hitting trails and drops (other than the hope pro 2 hub Big Grin )

O+
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 8:54 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
Hmm from the small amount of reading i just did of this thread i have come to a conclusion and that is Kona haters cant read as the title clearly states thay arent allowed but they are here anyway.

Here my Kona anyway only thing i dont like is the dope brake system its silly and isant needed i wish i could run without it as its just a pain with rattling and bearings are crap but everthing else is brilliant.

photo

Haha that actually pretty much sums up kona haters: They don't actually read into things before forging their opinions; and so their clan grows!
That is one nice bike! I would agree with your D.O.P.E statement; i don't have one but i don't actually feel that it needs it! The huge amount of brake jack that stinky's and stab's are meant to suffer just is not there!

O+
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
Ian-Hill wrote:
konas suck fat camel dick. you will be soooo much happier off with a bottlerocket or demo. kona geometry sucks
You suck fat camel dick, not Kona... You've set your age to 8, and you say that you are getting a Santa Cruz Jackal... It's a great bike but doesn't really show up your obvious previous experience of Kona, Transition and Specialized (and in particular their DH/FR bikes)

O+
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
wat this with frames breaking you getting me paranoid. i take my 07 cowan hardtail of 5 foot drops and over lots of hardstuff the only thing ive broken is the stock cranks. im not some small 15 yr old either. so is this an urban legend or truth

O+
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 9:52 Quote
wetcoastrider wrote:
wat this with frames breaking you getting me paranoid. i take my 07 cowan hardtail of 5 foot drops and over lots of hardstuff the only thing ive broken is the stock cranks. im not some small 15 yr old either. so is this an urban legend or truth
If you're referring to my post about bikes being able to break, those are all true (and i can find picture evidence for them if you want Smile )
I wouldn't worry about your bike, it will be fine! I was just making the point that any bike can break, not just Kona's (which appears to be what haters believe)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011208
Mobile Version of Website